Waiting till birth to pick a name?

Glitter_berry

Mum of 2, 1 Pink, 1 Blue
Reaction score
So baby boy ( we think from 16 week scan) has been nameless and still kinda is. I have decided to keep my shortlist and I have decided not to pick a name till I see him and see what suits him.. Do you think this sounds okay

We have short listed names, and I would love your opinions of them.

Yep! We are probably going to do the same thing!
Sometimes when you see your baby you think "Ok, I used to like (this name) but he just doesn't look like a (this name)." You know? lol

Or....by the time you deliver you might not like some of the names you chose! When I first became pregnant I liked the name Gemma! Still a lovely name, but I have taken it off of my list of girl names.

Oh, and we are NOT telling ANY possible names to family and friends. It's much too easy for them to say "Eww, I hate that name!" when they don't have a face to put it to, and might make you change your mind.

I'd really hate to have my heart set on something and then have my MIL say "I don't like that name" and then name my baby that...knowing Grandma doesn't like it! LOL

I'm babbling... :p

We have one kick ass girls name we wont change for anyone if he pops out a she..

But we aren't telling family our short list because I hate the comments.

Like being told I couldn't have Loki. ( not that I'm going to) and when I said I liked the name felix, people were down right nasty about it, saying they would call my child like they call their cat :O

So no one will be knowing till he is born and named.. Then they are just stupid if they have an opinion. lol

We have one kick ass girls name we wont change for anyone if he pops out a she..

Like being told I couldn't have Loki. ( not that I'm going to) and when I said I liked the name felix, people were down right nasty about it, saying they would call my child like they call their cat :O

So no one will be knowing till he is born and named.. Then they are just stupid if they have an opinion. lol

Yep! LOL Totally agree with you! I started asking my other kids about the names we liked and I got things like "No, I don't like that name, there's a girl in my class named that"
After this happened a few times I was like "Ok, I'm done" LOL
And if I keep having names shot down, there won't be any left that I like! I am VERY picky about baby names, lol!

I voted for Nate but I might be a bit biased as my sons name is Nathan and that's his nickname.

We had decided on either Nathan or Jack for him and didn't confirm until he was born just in case he suited something else instead.

I voted for hunter

personally dont like Eli or Loki (I had a bully called Loki years ago and it is the name of one of my SILs pigeons so I associate that with them)

I personally dont like Nate although I find Nathan OK, I love Nathanial though

It's so hard to choose..

I hope as soon as I see his precious little face I will know the name that is him.

Loki Is pretty much off the cards, It was started a a joke as this pregnancy has been not so smooth sailing, and he never keeps still enough to get the right pictures on the scans so my scans always go for over an hour when he goes back to sleep lol.

So we said we'd call him Loki, the god of mischief. Then someone said they will not have a child with that name bought into the world because it is offensive to the Catholic religion.. 1) that's not my religion or my husbands, 2) it's not your choice.
So now it would be like I was naming him Loki out of spite, and even though I do love the name I would always think of it like that.

So will you tell us your girls name?? I'm curious now! :winkwink: lol. I think Loki is kinda cool, but I love Felix !! So if this was on your list I would have chose it! Who cares if it was a cats name, I heard the same thing when I liked the name Sadie, I got its a dogs name a lot.

I voted for Eli, love it. But I also really like Hunter, it's such a strong name. But Eli is strong and unique, I think it's great.

I am leaning the same way as you, people keep asking me about names and I keep giving vague answers because I really don't want their opinion. I am confident that my name choices are fantastic and wonderful, but there's bound to be someone out there who has some weird opinion about them. And I don't want to deal with it. Took us long enough to find these two names! GR!

Nate is lovely, too. It's my sisters favorite boy's name, but I'm a fan of slightly less traditional names. But that's just my personal opinion. :)

So will you tell us your girls name?? I'm curious now! :winkwink: lol. I think Loki is kinda cool, but I love Felix !! So if this was on your list I would have chose it! Who cares if it was a cats name, I heard the same thing when I liked the name Sadie, I got its a dogs name a lot.

Well It's kick ass to us.. I love the name Harlie for a girl and my DH is a huge batman fan so we chose the name
Harlie Quinn for a girl.. But we wouldn't tell people why because people would say its stupid, but it's actually really pretty despite its meaning so I love it..

We wanted a girl so much, just because we wanted to use our girls name lol

I was 100% certain that I was going to name my daughter Lux Emory when I was pregnant, then I saw her and she just didnt look like a Lux. So we had thought about Sawyer earlier in pregnancy, decided thats what she looked like, and thought of Hartley for the middle name on the spot. So, I wouldnt get dead-set on anything until you see your LO.

Personally however, I voted Nate cause I think its adorable but I also love Eli. (and I like Loki just because of the Spite Factor. :) )

Doesn't matter which the crowd's fave is, you have to go with your heart. Our opinions will complicate it!

Doesn't matter which the crowd's fave is, you have to go with your heart. Our opinions will complicate it!

For sure :)
Just a fun way to share and talk about my short list. Seems we aren't telling friends or family till after. :)

They're all good names,I don't think you can go wrong. I do love Loki, lol. Yes, he's a Norse god, but how is that name any more offensive than any Biblical name? So, if you don't use it for an actual name, sounds like you already have his nn ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->