Waiting till You're Wed?

booflebump

Mummy to Toby
Reaction score
Anyone else like me and waiting till you are a 'Mrs' to TTC?

xxx

I did...we got married in March 2008 and started to TTC in June 2008 after we set up home here in Bulford.

i've always said i would!! but he hasnt asked the BIG question yet lol and i feel ready to start trying now!! however i think it will be after we're wed!

Yep, getting married next year. Also need to finish our education before we can TTC.

Yep! :) I get married this September and because I am so impatient I plan to go straight into trying for a honeymoon bubba :happydance:

We always said it didn't really matter to either of us, but when OH popped the question in December last year we booked everything in January, (ok so we are a little crazy!) but we always said if we were going to go for it we would just go for it! No savings, just madness!!

So we decided to push back TTC from April to after the wedding since I didn't fancy being a bumpy bride :haha:

I got married in June 2007 and DH and I started trying the night we married..lol.

we waited too. it was important for us both, but possibly more for DH as he has a son who was unplanned (on DH's part anyway!), and so it was incredibly important for him to be with the right person, settled down and married, before children come along.

It's important for me that when we do have children that we all have the same family name.

we always said we were going to wait until we were married as oh thought he wanted that (ive never been bothered) but we have decided that its just not realistic. we definitely want to start trying next june but dont want to get married for a number of reasons.. we'd rather save for a baby than a honeymoon, my dad works away a lot so we'll probably wait until hes retired, plus i really want my first and second born there, ideally as page boy and flowergirl :p xxxx

I definitely want to be married before TTC. Saying that.....have to try find a man first!

We intended to but it didnt happen that way in the end! We are now planning on getting married in 2015 xx

We were married way before ttc. To us that was just the natural order of things. Getting married was about us and our relationship, not so much about "getting ready for babies" though. To us it's important that we made this gesture and now share a name but I don't think I would have done it "just" because we were planning to ttc.

We are! :)

I'd like to try straight away after the wedding, but my oh has other ideas. :shrug:

I have no idea what I shall be like in those few months in between getting married & TTC. Nuts, I expect.

To be honest, marriage has never been a priority of mine - I am doing it because my oh says it's a prerequisite of having a family.

I am. It's not so much that it was particularly important to us, more that it was just a rational reason to force us into waiting when we already knew that waiting was the sensible thing to do. Now we really haven't got that long left as we'll be starting ntnp from right after the wedding, although we're expecting to be too knackered on the wedding night itself, especially with having held the hen/stag parties the night before the wedding, so it'll probably actually start the following day! :happydance: We always knew that we wanted to get married though in a way that was completely separate from babies. It's more as a way of consolidating our relationship and showing what we mean to each other. It was just convenient that we could use it as a way to force us into being a little more sensible when it comes to ttc.:blush:

Beca :wave:

Amy and Estel - I agree that marriage is something you need to do for you as a couple. I suppose we are just quite traditional and want to be husband and wife, before we become 3....xxx

Yeah, we'll be married when we start trying. It's not that big a deal to me honestly but it would make my family feel TONS better. Besides, OH wants more time to be jsut "us" so it all works out for everyone. (EXCEPT ME!!! My wallet and my OH need to understand that I want to have kids NOOOOWWWWW!!!!!) lol

I always wanted to be married before having babies - hubby always says now that if I had fallen pg before we got married he would have wanted a quicky wedding to make it all above board (I'm glad that didnt happen!)

Pretty much the day we got married my broodyness went into overdrive - but like an idiot I had agreed to 1 full year of just us before any baby making!

Not long now - have been married for a whole year in less than a month :flower:

I always wanted to be married before having babies - hubby always says now that if I had fallen pg before we got married he would have wanted a quicky wedding to make it all above board (I'm glad that didnt happen!)

Pretty much the day we got married my broodyness went into overdrive - but like an idiot I had agreed to 1 full year of just us before any baby making!

Not long now - have been married for a whole year in less than a month :flower:

Well done you for being so patient!

I have to wait 4 months post-wedding to start TTC, is the wait as bad as I imagine?

I told my OH that I wouldn't have children until he married me as bribery so that I got my sparkly ring - is that bad?

Now we are married, I want a baby now!!!!!

Well thats wat I wanted but OH shows no sign o popping the ? so I've decided I cudn wait n persuaded him to start TTC in Oct. I wud love to do it the traditional way but hey ho, nothing ever seems to go to plan eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->