waiting time for smear result?

widdles1985

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please could you help me.. I had my first smear test on 8th Dec and I am still wating for my results.. my nurse told me they would be back in two weeks. I am still wting so I phoned my GP this am and they are now saying it could be up to 8 weeks?! is this right? I have checked on various websites and they still say two weeks.

Thanks
Gemma

Hi hun, i guess its all due to back log where there's been bank holidays n what not, i wouldnt worry about it to much tho you could always try ringing them next week....i have mine due on the 24th the day after my birthday deep joy lol anyways dont fret about it to much.x x x

I was told upto 8 weeks too. It depends how busy they are x

Thanks you - I am guessing it will be back soon I sure it is just the time of year like you have both said

Yea hon it's the time of year and how busy they are, I believe different areas have different times too.. Hopefully you'll get it back soon and all's well x

i was told 6-8 weeks, so i wouldnt worry about it yet :) is nerve racking when its ur first, i had my first one in march

I will give it until 8 weeks then contact my doctors if I have still not got it back - I think I am more bothered with it not been back as this is my first smear test.

To be honest hun if it was bad news they would of contacted you by now, i done some research on it cos i wasnt going to have it done but changed my mind its always handy to no! like a few of us have said its no doubt because of all the holidays and they have a back log.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->