Waiting to test, but symptoms driving me crazy.

Wishu

Reaction score
I started off in the TTC section. I think I'm bad at describing things, but I could be wrong. Based on what I said in there about my bleeding (I think because I said period-like, but I meant in color not in texture or how much bleeding I was having because it has been extremely light) I was told it sounded like an early period. I'm not convinced yet so I'm waiting it out 5 more days and then going to test. I'll probably go to the doctor anyway in the end. Especially if I continue to feel the way I have been.

This is my first month off of BCP, starting from last month's placebos.

What's been going on is that I bled a week before my "period" was due to start, but it has been really strange. That night, my fiancee and I were DTD, tried something we don't usually do. Afterwards we went outside to sit while he had a cigarette and I had a random pain down there. Decided to put a pad on just in case. Well, the next morning I woke up to a bright red spot on the pad and some blood tinged mucus when I went to the bathroom.

Over the next few days I continued to spot pink/brown, and what I thought was a little bit of lining, off and on (like one day I spotted, the next I didn't, then spotted a tiny bit the next day, etc.). But it turns out I'm blind as a bat and what I assumed was lining was actually mucus with brown blood mixed in.

I've literally been feeling like crap.
My chest feel sore, been throwing up (seems like whatever I eat first in the day is just going to come right back out so I try not to eat anything super delicious. and it doesn't matter when I eat that first thing. just once something hits my stomach it won't take long before my body rejects it), I feel bloated, and I feel like I have to pee a lot. But when I get there I just pee a little.

I feel like just breaking down and crying because I feel like I have nobody to actually talk to about this. I just moved two months ago, and I feel quite distant to my mom and best friend. My fiancee's mom would probably flip out if we told her we were trying at this point, and I don't want anyone unnecessarily involved right now when we have no clue what is going on yet. You know? I don't want anyone to get their hopes up. I could just have a stomach bug and have gotten an injury DTD.

:cry:

Is anyone else having a hard time with this sort of thing?

I'm starting to wish I had taken pictures of the bleeding, but I hadn't thought of it at the time. I just feel like I might be being silly to think that I could get pregnant the first month off of my bcp. It just seems unlikely. Most people say that you need a little while to get back to being regular and ovulating. So I don't know.

I keep overthinking things. Like... maybe I have a UTI (Normally those burn, haven't been having any burning or actual difficulty peeing. I just pee more often, but only a little at a time.)

Maybe I have a stomach virus. Nobody else has been sick around here and I don't really go out much. I don't think it would've stuck with me for this long, or skipped two days and came back with a vengeance. Yea, I was lucky to just have nausea for two days and then back to throwing up today.

Maybe I have an ulcer and that's why I keep getting sick.

It just seems like I have so many possible answers for what could be going on and nothing definite. My period (based on my withdrawal bleed from bcp) would be due in 2 days. So I'm trying my best to wait a few days after it's expected to test. Just in case. I want to try not to test too early.

So... here I am waiting. :( In the mean time feeling blah.

Sadly I'm not going to be much help because me and my boyfriend just started trying and this will be my first. Some of what you're describing sounds like it would be associated to either being pregnant or it could very well be your body coming off of the BC.

Either way, I wish you luck and hope you get your answer soon. I'm here if you need to vent/talk ❤️

Sadly I'm not going to be much help because me and my boyfriend just started trying and this will be my first. Some of what you're describing sounds like it would be associated to either being pregnant or it could very well be your body coming off of the BC.

Either way, I wish you luck and hope you get your answer soon. I'm here if you need to vent/talk ❤️

Hey, thank you for that. Just the idea of knowing I have someone I can talk to if I really need it means a lot to me. I'll listen to you too if you have anything weighing on your mind. :)

I did consider that it could just be an irregular cycle due to coming off of the BC. So you might be right. It's crazy to think how similar the symptoms are. Just because of hormone fluctuations.

Hopefully you and your boyfriend have an easy road TTC ahead of you. :hugs:

Hey, thank you for that. Just the idea of knowing I have someone I can talk to if I really need it means a lot to me. I'll listen to you too if you have anything weighing on your mind. :)

I did consider that it could just be an irregular cycle due to coming off of the BC. So you might be right. It's crazy to think how similar the symptoms are. Just because of hormone fluctuations.

Hopefully you and your boyfriend have an easy road TTC ahead of you. :hugs:

Thank you so much. I know I just started TTC but, I can see why so much support is needed, it's not easy. It is crazy how similar the symptoms can be, even some AF symptoms are similar to being pregnant. I'm trying my very best not to symptom spot but, my self control kind of sucks lol.

Thank you so much. I know I just started TTC but, I can see why so much support is needed, it's not easy. It is crazy how similar the symptoms can be, even some AF symptoms are similar to being pregnant. I'm trying my very best not to symptom spot but, my self control kind of sucks lol.

Yea, I think there are different reasons for symptom spotting. Like for one, some women are natural at worrying. So we try to stay on top of whatever is going on with our bodies so that it's possible to be healthy and have our ducks in a row. Unfortunately sometimes ducks don't like to sit. lol

Myself I tend to get overly cautious about anything out of the ordinary. If something isn't normal for me then I know at least something is functioning in the wrong way. I like to find out what that is and why. Otherwise I just stress over it until I figure it out. That or I'll find something and then try to relate it to what was going on before. I'm really bad at that.

Update over here is that I've had no more bleeding or spotting. Still having nausea, though. Luckily haven't gotten sick today. I guess I was just hoping the sickness was from something easily explained instead of having to go on a wild goose chase. Maybe it will go away soon on its own and then next cycle will go more smoothly.

I can understand 100%. I like to know why something is the way it is and sometimes I can lose patience trying to figure it out.

I hope you can get it figured out soon. Right now I'm just waiting for AF to head out so we can start fresh.

You mentioned you and your BF just moved, me and my BF are in the middle of looking for a new place and the added stress is no fun.

Oh! Yea, actually I'm the one who moved. Prior to this we were in a bit of a long distance predicament. We just decided that we didn't want to be so far apart any more. I made the move because I wasn't really tied down by anything. Whereas he is in classes here and had a more reliable job. So it just seemed like the less selfish thing to do, and it made us both happy.

My only downside is that most of his friends are guys so I really am lacking on the lady pals around here. My best friend back home is chewing me out for not being there for her unexpected wedding. She just up and changed the date and didn't let me know. Along with trying to guilt trip me for not being there in case something bad happens to her mom because her cancer came back. I do want to be there for her, but I can't afford just to up and bounce between states. I wish I could.

In the meantime...
I'm trying to figure out my math according to how this whole going off of BC thing works. I stopped mine at the last active pill before the placebos and had my usual withdrawal bleed during what would've been the placebo week. So I was thinking that the bleed I had last week could've been my actual period? Maybe, but I'm not sure. I guess it's a toss up until I figure out approximately how long my cycles will be off of the pill.

Me and my boyfriend right now are about 35-40 minutes from each other but, I just spend the weekends here for now until we find a house to move into. He's moving closer to me because I have the better job and his occupation is not as hard to get back into anywhere. Right now the stress of making sure we're together when I O is a little stressful but, we make it work.

Ugh, I'm sorry your best friend is stressing you out. I'm sure she wants you there but, she has to also understand that you're happy and it's not so easy to jump back and forth.

I would give your body a few cycles to get back to normal but, hopefully it regulates sooner than later.

Wow! Well, at least it isn't quite a few hours between the two of you. That's definitely on the more manageable side. I hope you find a nice place that is ideal for you both.

I'm going to do what you suggested. Give myself some time to regulate and just have fun and enjoy things until then. Who knows, we might catch a cycle off guard and wind up expecting.

Yea, hopefully we'll be settled by November 1st. I really hope it works out for you! My rooting for you.

Just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling. Hope you're doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->