Waiting, waiting, WAITING!!!

Vickster1

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

Is anyone else soooo fed up of waiting??? I've been ready to try from June (our wedding) and before but DH is dead set on waiting until July time. It just feels like he seems to have the final say in it all and like I don't get to make any decisions.

Does anyone else feel like this? I just feel like I'll never get the final say in this as it's always DH that wants to wait!!!

I know that waiting is hard and it may not seem fair to you, but unfortunately you can't make a baby all by yourself, you need his help to do it. His feelings need to be taken into consideration as well. While you may have been ready for a while, he has probably not even been close to ready and the idea has probably made him very nervous and afraid. Men don't generally have the "need" to make a baby that we do, their hormones are a lot different. Think about it this way too, you know how you feel that he gets the final say in it all, right? Well at least his way you do eventually get what you want. If you had the final say, he would probably feel resentment at the fact that he's forced into doing something that he's not ready for yet. If you think about it, it's actually a lot more fair to have to wait for something that you really want, but still get it, rather than to be forced into doing something that you're not ready for and don't want yet.

He will come around, and it would be truly unfair of him to give you a date and then back out as soon as it approaches. Do you know what his reasons are for wanting to wait until around July? Men tend to have more rational minds while we have more emotional minds, so he could have a logical reason like finances or that the child would be born at a convenient time of year if you waited until then. If it's really bothering you that much that he wants to wait, talk to him about it and ask him why it has to be then and why it can't be now.

At least you only have to wait a few more months! It'll be here before you know it. :hugs:

I'm a bit fed up because I don't know when I'll have children and it's the not knowing that worries me. :shrug:

You have a start date and it's not that far away. :)
Edit. Totally misread your post!!! Haha.
Anyway. Enjoy the time just the two of you. Really. It sounds cliche but from my observations more often than not it seems to me that couples that have their first child in their first year of marriage have a difficult time adjusting later on once the kids are gone and it's just the two of them again.
Do some romantic stuff together to pass the time!

You have a start date and it's not that far away. :)
Edit. Totally misread your post!!! Haha.
Anyway. Enjoy the time just the two of you. Really. It sounds cliche but from my observations more often than not it seems to me that couples that have their first child in their first year of marriage have a difficult time adjusting later on once the kids are gone and it's just the two of them again.
Do some romantic stuff together to pass the time!

It's been the 2 of us for over 7 years so we've had alot of time just as a couple. I suppose it's not far away now!

Do you think he'll try to postpone TTC even further in July or will he stick to the date?

I'm totally with you on this one. July feels like ages away still. But I keep telling myself it'll be worth the wait. We will have been together 10 years in July and married 2 years. So atleast we have had plenty of time just the 2 of us. We're trying to make the most of doing those things you can't do with a baby.

I am fed up with waiting too, I've been waiting years and still no TTC date set, TBH I think I am looking at least another 2 years before the OH is ready to think about it. To which point I don't think it will be an option then with my health issues

Two years? That seems like a very long time.

Yes July seems ages away when I think about it in my head, but then I look at my ticker on here and realise it's actually not far away at all! I would love to start ttc now but my oh has over rules and his reasons are sensible and make sense so I'm doing my best to be patient. Hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->