waking after night feeds?

T

tinytoes

why has my LO (4.5 months) started waking after each night feed? He used to just wake, make noises so I came to feed him, and then he'd doze off while feeding and I could pop him back into his bed. It was perfect. He's never had a problem working out night and day.

Now for the ast 2 nights as soon as I put him down - bing! - his eyes are open and he's gurgling. Takes an hour ish top get him back off if I^'m lucky. Used to be 20 mins between me waking and clambering back into bed having fed him and him dozing off. Have I had it too good so far???

He used to have one night feed now it's two.
in fact, at one poitn some time ago he used to sleep through 11 till 6 or 7!...

Whats going on??

I'm by no means a bfing expert but I know that with Alasdair sometimes I'd put him down after a feed just for him to wake up again and he'd still be hungry. I'm guessing though, that if he's going back to sleep after an hr, it's not that :(

Apart from the normal keeping everything quiet and dark I don't really know anything that would encourage him to sleep again! Have you asked your HV/Dr?

I know that babies are meant to go through a massive growth spurt around 4 months, so maybe it's just that and eventually he might settle down again.

:hugs: you must be shattered!

Use to be on 1 night feed now 2? Usually the other way round ....do you think hes hungry or comfort? You could try offering water through the night Ive seen many suggest this but never actually tried or needed to myself.

Caitlyn has started wanting more feeds during the night and I think it's comfort. Doesn't bother me as such although I'd much prefer she didn't lol. I found her comfort blanket usually makes her sleep longer which means she feeds less. Does he have a comforter? Pacifier or blanket?

i would like to know the answer to this when we go to bed jack has his feed every night after this feed it can take anything between 1 - 2 & half to get him of to sleep but when he wakes for his later feed he is fine & will just go straight back of to sleep not sure why its just after that feed we have the room dark with just a little side light & we have played music which comes from the baby monitors so not sure what else to do . violet xx

Caitlyn has started wanting more feeds during the night and I think it's comfort. Doesn't bother me as such although I'd much prefer she didn't lol. I found her comfort blanket usually makes her sleep longer which means she feeds less. Does he have a comforter? Pacifier or blanket?

yes, he has both!:rofl:
I dont mind the extra feed...its just him waking bright eyed and bushy tailed that bothers me.

Tegan's not BF'ed but she did this for a while too - she doesn't wake between about 9pm and about 6am for a feed, so we were waking her. She got to the point where if we woke her she would be awake for 2-3-4 hours after, so we stopped waking her and she's back to going through again, hope this helps hun :)

Hannah did this and would just lay in her crib and "talk" We ignored her and eventually she'd drift back off

ugh this is my night every night... She will fall asleep while feeding and not drink much, and thn once I put her down she wakes up again... Im usually up for 45mins :( And then she wakes up to be fed again less then 2 hours later.

I dont know what to suggest... I hope it gets better though!

I think its just a phase that will pass....

ugh this is my night every night... She will fall asleep while feeding and not drink much, and thn once I put her down she wakes up again... Im usually up for 45mins :( And then she wakes up to be fed again less then 2 hours later.

I dont know what to suggest... I hope it gets better though!

and for you. at 3 weeks baby is still getting the hang of things. You'll get there.

I do hope you're right Karen!! I'm going to hold onto that and repeat it over and over at 2am when I'm bouncing LO, or rocking him adn begining to feel slightly nuts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->