Waking during the night when temping

Tinkerbell3

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before...

I know when taking temps you're meant to have at least 3 hours continous sleep but what if you wake up during the night? not to actually get up but when you just wake up for a few moments to turn over and get comfy again, do you think this would affect temps alot?
I have a pretty broken sleep almost every night but don't actually get out of bed and am not awake usually for more than a few minutes before dropping off again.

Sorry if this has been asked before...

I know when taking temps you're meant to have at least 3 hours continous sleep but what if you wake up during the night? not to actually get up but when you just wake up for a few moments to turn over and get comfy again, do you think this would affect temps alot?
I have a pretty broken sleep almost every night but don't actually get out of bed and am not awake usually for more than a few minutes before dropping off again.

I bloody hope not! Ha ha. My thermometer just arrived today so starting temping tomorrow, I have a horrendous sleep pattern so I would be screwed! :wacko: I've never heard this before, but not looked into temping too much x

It's basically like this.. think of it like a car... when you first park your car and turn it off it cools down because there is nothing running. In the morning, when you start it up it takes a while before it heats up. Your body is the same way. If you were to start your car and then turn it off right away it wouldn't be very warm. So, if you wake up for a moment and then go back to sleep you really haven't revved your engine very much. But if you get up and move around you are then revving your engine, it will warm up and then it will take time for it to cool down again.

Don't know if that helps, but makes sense to me.. :haha:

Thanks for answering that I have wondered this since I started temping!
- Awesome question!

I've been wondering about it for a while too!! Thanks for asking Tinkerbell3 and for answering cajunbabe xxxxx

Been thinking about it too, but I decided that there are no people who sleep without moving even once through the whole night, so it can't require completely motionless and undisturbed sleep pattern.

It's basically like this.. think of it like a car... when you first park your car and turn it off it cools down because there is nothing running. In the morning, when you start it up it takes a while before it heats up. Your body is the same way. If you were to start your car and then turn it off right away it wouldn't be very warm. So, if you wake up for a moment and then go back to sleep you really haven't revved your engine very much. But if you get up and move around you are then revving your engine, it will warm up and then it will take time for it to cool down again.

Don't know if that helps, but makes sense to me.. :haha:

That is perfect, I completely understand now. Thank you x

Been thinking about it too, but I decided that there are no people who sleep without moving even once through the whole night, so it can't require completely motionless and undisturbed sleep pattern.

That's what I figured surely waking for a small while wouldn't hurt but you never know. Cause I do during the week but come the weekend my sleep is much more settled and I hardly wake at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->