Waking for feeds?

bev309

Reaction score
Just interested to know - when LO wakes, do they want feeding instantly or are they happy to lay there for a bit first before they will start to cry? 9 times out of 10 Jack will wake up screaming the place down for his bottle before he even opens his eyes & will only stop once that bottle is in his mouth:dohh:

Crying is the last sign of hunger, so you should give him the bottle as soon as possible. He'll go to bed much quicker if his sleep is not interrupted too much.

Yeah - but he wakes up crying - he doesn't wake up lay there for a bit & then cry - it's as though I need to be a mind reader & know when he is going to wake & have his bottle there instantly for him - he won't even drink it at room temp - he spits it out:hissy:
We then have to rush to warm his bottle as quick as possible to calm him down - & as feeding literally 'on demand' I am unsure whether doing this is making him cry more as he knows he will get what he wants sooner, or whether he just sleeps through the 1st stages of hunger & really is 'starving' by the time he wakes:blush:
Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering what other babies do when they wake:shrug:

i always change mia if she cries to distract her while warming the bottle.

Never tried that - always thought it would make him cry more - will give it a go & see if it works!

Also maybe you could try dream feeding, example is if you put him to bed at 8pm, dream feed him at 10:30pm before he wakes up upset. It might allow him to get more sleep and when he does wake after the dream feed he might be less upset.

Thanks Vanwest - good idea - was reading somewhere else about the 'dream feeding' & will also give that a try:happydance:
I think it's the way I worded it, but I didn't only mean night time feeds - it is like this every time he wakes day or night & even if he has only had 2 hrs or so since last feed.

Pacifer? That's how I calm Noah while Im heating his bottle. How much is he taking at each feeding? Perhaps adding more then usual to bottle see if he takes it

Pacifer? That's how I calm Noah while Im heating his bottle.
No chance - it gets spat out if it hasn't got milk coming out of it:rofl:
He takes about 4oz of the hungrier baby milk at each feed at the moment - sometimes he drinks it all so I offer him 2oz more,whih he will drink about anothe ounce of, and sometimes he will take about 3oz, so I don't think it is to do with how much he is drinking. I did post about him falling asleep during feeds though & I may need to try a faster flowing teat rather than a variflow one, it may be the fact that it takes him so long to finish a bottle - will soon find out when I can get to boots & try the number 2 teat (fingers crossed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->