Waking in the night?

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
Summer sleeps through now without having a bottle in the night, she will normally sleep from 8-9pm til 8am, which i am really chuffed with, however i was just wondering all those other moms who have babies that sleep through does your little one stil wake in the night? like summer will normally wake once before 5am and all i have to do is keep putting her dummy back in her mouth and within minutes she is alsep again but pretty much every mornin at about 5am she will wake and very rarely wil she go back to sleep unless she comes into bed with me, i dont mind it at all but OH reckons she is geting into bad habbits which i do agree with...... any suggestions?

Josh was doing the exact same thing, he was waking up for comfort and wanted his dummy back. I stopped getting up and he would just squirm for 2-3 mins and fall right back to sleep. Now he sleeps through, he doesn't wake up anymore!

Coltons getting to were he started doing this! If I dont get up though he starts screaming :(

Max has slept from 11pm to 5am since the day he was born ! but there are nights where he would like a tiny bit of his drug ( the boob) lol

ciaran sleeps through the night from 10pm till 10 am

Summer sleeps through now without having a bottle in the night, she will normally sleep from 8-9pm til 8am, which i am really chuffed with, however i was just wondering all those other moms who have babies that sleep through does your little one stil wake in the night? like summer will normally wake once before 5am and all i have to do is keep putting her dummy back in her mouth and within minutes she is alsep again but pretty much every mornin at about 5am she will wake and very rarely wil she go back to sleep unless she comes into bed with me, i dont mind it at all but OH reckons she is geting into bad habbits which i do agree with...... any suggestions?

At that stage Ryan used to wake sometimes, but would go back to sleep with his dummy. Bringing Summer into the bed is ok, as long as you are ok with her continuing to do it. If not, it can become a habit that is hard to break.

Keeping in mind she is not 4 months yet, you are doing very well getting her to sleep that long. Have you tried shushing her back to sleep in her bed?

There is another method called wake to sleep which I used with Ryan and it worked a treat. let us know how you get on and if you want any further info I would be happy to elaborate.

Josh was doing the exact same thing, he was waking up for comfort and wanted his dummy back. I stopped getting up and he would just squirm for 2-3 mins and fall right back to sleep. Now he sleeps through, he doesn't wake up anymore!

Iam going to try and leave her tonight and see how it goes, she has just gone down and i had to put her dummy about 25 times NO JOKE because she is always messing with her hands and her mouth she will accidently knock it out her mouth and whinge till i put it back in her mouth.

Ewan is three in a couple of weeks and still insists on waking up at about 2 am!!! grrr.

Tried controlled crying, water, juice, more food before bed.. nothing worked!!! hoping i can get him sleeping through before LO come along!!

Caitlins been sleeping through for ages bu recently has started wakening at silly o'clock last night or should I say this morning at 3am then 5am :|

Mine stil wakes at 1am+2:30am+5am. The 2:30 is more for a cuddle though....He screams if I dont pick him up.Dont know how to stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->