Want the nickname Evie....

wish4baby

Reaction score
So what can the "real" name be?

We are finding out the gender in the morning!!
We have pretty much decided on Antonio or Anthony for a boy but haven't settled on a girls name.
We both love the nn Evie, my heart is set, but DH (and my mom) think it's not a real name. Obviously, we could use Eve, but what other names? Evelyn is the only other one I can think of!
ideas please???

So what can the "real" name be?

We are finding out the gender in the morning!!
We have pretty much decided on Antonio or Anthony for a boy but haven't settled on a girls name.
We both love the nn Evie, my heart is set, but DH (and my mom) think it's not a real name. Obviously, we could use Eve, but what other names? Evelyn is the only other one I can think of!
ideas please???

It would seem to be there are hundreds of "Evie's" on this forum

And I've never had a clue what the actual name is. No help here.

evangeline is the name that comes to mind (too much watching Princess and the Frog)

Genevieve
Evangeline
Evelyn
Yvonne
Everly
Aoife

I think evangeline and genevieve are lovely for a longer name. My Evie is just Evie 👍🏻 x

Thanks!!

Ooh, Evangeline is beautiful! Can't wait to spring it on DH lol!

My mom just called to tell me Everly...I don't know, it kind of sounds made up? Is that a real name?

Maybe first name with an E and middle name Violet...initials E.V. (Evie)

Evelyn
Evangeline
Eva
Everly
Evanie
Evelyn
Eveleigh
Genevieve

My favorites are Evelyn and Evangeline but my brother is Everett and it's to close for me.

I think Evelyn nn Evie is lovely and classic, that would be my choice for sure.

Evie is definitely a name in its own right now so if you love it just go with it.
If you do want to have a longer name, I love Evangeline! Genevieve and Evelyn are cute too.
Not too sure about the E.V initial idea though personally.

My friend has just had a Genevieve who she is planning on calling Evie I think that's cute xx

My Evie is just Evie but alot if people assume her 'real' name is Evelyn x

I do like the stand alone name Evie, but my husband and mom bring up a good point - people will always ask what her full name is (or presume it's Evelyn). That could get annoying...
Choosing a name is so difficult lol
Now, to top it off, my husband isn't sure of our boy name any more ugh

I think Evie is a nice stand alone name. If you're set on having a longer name and Evie as a nn then I think Evangeline or Evelyn are nicest.

My younger sister is called Abbi and people sometimes ask if it is short for Abigail but a simple "no, it's just Abbi" finishes that conversation promptly. By contrast I'm only ever known as Debi but actually a Debra but no one ever asks if Debi is short for Debra.

Thanks everyone!! Turns out we won't be needing a girl name after all...found out today we are team BLUE :blue:
And wouldn't you know, hubby tells me on the way to the scan that he's really liking Evie as a full name now lol :)
Oh well...

My little girl is Evie her proper name is Evelyn pronounced everlin x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"