Want to share at Thanksgiving but have a couple of malicious family members

seabump

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I could use some advice. My husband wants to announce our pregnancy at Thanksgiving when we travel to see his family + extended family out of state. We are an inter-racial couple and some people in his family never really accepted me because of it. My husband has even warned me before we got married that he's worried that our child will be treated differently by a few people. There are two male adults in particular who sporadically post anti-gay, anti-women, anti-animals (I'm an animal lover) stuff on my Facebook. I haven't blocked them yet because it will give them more material to use and I don't want my husband to experience all of the backlash (it will become a huge deal), he is non-confrontational. I do however delete /block any inappropriate comments right away, sending a signal to just leave me alone. I am afraid that if we announce our pregnancy at Thanksgiving that a few of the malicious people will spread it on social media before we've had a chance to tell work and our other friends. However, it's very important for my husband to share the news. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

I too have dealt with bad apples. Personally, I wouldn't let them ruin it. My brother in law told all my friends before I could without even telling me he knew (and no congrats) and it hurt so much. If you would prefer to wait, why not pull aside the kind ones in the family and tell them and just ask they respect your privacy? :)

I agree with previous poster. If that wont work, then I wouldn't announce to them until my friends and family knew.

Tell the people you dont want finding out via fb just before you go! then tell them to keep quiet until you are back you just wanted to share with them 1st because you are so excited!

then when you go see his family let them do there worst and smile, safe in the knowledge they dont have the power to spill your good news 1st ^_^

hope it goes well for you whatever you choose to do! x

ps, as for them treating you kids different, let them work away, you dont need them to make you guys a happy little family, look at them as they are mentally unbalanced, ( you couldnt be a mentally healthy person if you would treat a kid in the family different to the rest for any reason! ) it will make life easier :)

Oh my goodness you poor thing! You must have the patience of a saint...I'd have beaten their arses out of my life as soon as that crap started.

I agree with the others, don't let them ruin it. I personally would announce to the decent people and let the nasties find out as and when.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->