Want to tell.

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
We are comming up on 9 weeks. We had out sonogram last week and saw a good heart beat and what not.

After we have a sonogram on friday we want to tell our extended family. Cousins, aunts uncles.

Is this to early to tell them?

We want to wait till 12 weeks for the rest of the worle. I.e facebook and what not.

I think tell whoever you like!

First preg we didn't tell family till nine weeks, friend at 12 and Facebook at 14.

This time I decided what will be will be and IF something awful happened I'd want their support.
So I told friends and family when I saw them and Facebook at 12. I only have people I know in real life on there anyway! It's been nice having support from early on.

It's your pregnancy so your decision. I told a couple people at 13 weeks and then most of the rest of family and friends around 24/26 weeks. I loved the secret and would have kept it longer if I wasn't starting to show. I never put it on FB. That's how I wanted to do it. If I had wanted to tell the world at 6 weeks, I would have. Do what makes you happy!

There is no right or wrong answer with this. Everyone feels differently so you just do what makes you feel happy and most comfortable. :) I desperately want to tell everyone but because I have 2 other children and I want to get past 12 weeks before I tell them and it doesn't feel right to tell everyone else before they know, we have stuck to only telling parents and a couple friends until after my first scan.

Last pregnancy, we told everyone at about 14 weeks other than my best friend who I told at about 6 weeks. This time, we told my mom (who then decided despite our saying no to tell her whole side of the family :growlmad: ) when we first got a positive test this time because she knew we were trying. We plan on telling OH's family and the test of the world at our early gender scan at 16+5, provided everything looks okay.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I was so sick I told everyone around 7 to 8 weeks.
WIth my second miscarriage at 8 weeks I hadn't told anyone.
With my mmc we told our parents at 7 weeks but I wanted to keep it a secret from everybody else until the 12 week scan. However, around 11 .5 weeks the secret was coming out and other people were passing it around the town so we thought we had better tell everyone so the rest could hear it from us. At the 12 week scan we found out the baby had no heartbeat. There are pros and cons i think. I was incredibly grateful I had the support of my family and friends but on the downside I knew they felt uncomfortable (and still do) about their pregnancies and children etc, around me.
This time I'm going to wait until the 13 week scan but only because I think I'd feel more comfortable having my grief in private if things go wrong again. Actually I'd love to keep it a secret until 20 weeks so I can say surprise....I'm due in january :)

Completely your decision, my first pregnancy we didn't tell my dad and in laws etc until 12 weeks...I was so paranoid after a miscarriage this time we are telling earlier, only immediate family and close friends and then rest of the world at 12 weeks. Do whatever feels right x

Do what feels right to you! First time around, I waited to tell everyone until 10 weeks (after I had seen the heart beat and felt generally like things were going well). This time, I've already told some people (in part because I've been very sick, and would rather they know that I'm cutting off our conversations and walking away from them so that I don't puke on them, and NOT because I hate them :) ), though will wait until after my 8 week scan to tell work etc... (I work in a profession where giving plenty of notice of leave is really important).

I told my two best girl friends as soon as I got my bfp and DH also told his two best friends. We told family after a scan at 7 weeks and announced on facebook I believe at 10 weeks.
I had a mmc in 2012. We saw a heartbeat at 9 weeks. I wanted to wait to tell people until after my 12 week appt. At my 13wk appt we discovered baby had grown wings. I remember feeling so sad not just because of the loss but because since I hadn't announced I felt like DH and I were suffering alone. I felt like my baby deserved to be known. That's why I decided to announce earlier this time regardless of "what could happen". If that makes any sense? It's really up to you :flow:

First time round, I told everyone as soon as I got my bfp, including everyone on facebook.
This time round, I've told a few people like close friends and family but facebook and the like won't know til I've had my 12 week scan. That's in another 4 and a bit weeks. Feels like ages away but considering I've known I'm pregnant for a month, what's another one? :)

I announced at 8 weeks with my DD after having 2 scans. This time I announced at just shy of 10 weeks. After seeing and hearing HB twice. That was on Facebook. Family knew from around 6 weeks :)

We told everyone pretty much as soon as we found out. (So about 4 weeks) There's no right or wrong answer. If you had a history of miscarriages, I'd probably wait, but that would still be up to you obviously. With this lo, I figured even if I did miscarry I'd want everyone to know about his/her life, short as it may be, and I'd need their support. I was 7 weeks when we announced on Facebook, but just because I was waiting on DH to call his extended family before I posted about it.

Absolutely your choice! We told right away all three times :) Immediate family, then announced on Facebook around 14 weeks the first time and 11 weeks the second time, this one we are going to wait until around 12 weeks for a public announcement again .
Its so hard not to tell the whole world !

I've never really waited to tell the world. With my first two pregnancies we announced within a day or two. Same with my miscarriage, unfortunately. We waited 3 weeks to tell everyone (minus our parents) with DD2, but announced as soon as we saw baby's heartbeat. :)

I actually got my :bfp: today and, like with DS, I told everyone immediately. I have PCOS and a history of miscarriages so we tell both sides of the family within a week of finding out, usually the same day. This is obviously a personal preference. My family has a genetic predisposition to fertility problems such as PCOS, Endometriosis and in general not being able to carry children to term so pregnancies are something that, in my family, is shared, celebrated, supported and enjoyed as soon as they are discovered because they could be taken away and in the event that they are, the person who suffers the loss is supported. Again, this is me and my family's personal preference. If you want to tell at 6 weeks, go for it! Wanna wait til 35 weeks, go for it! (Though I imagine that'd be quite difficult ;) haha)

Yeah, I too told my family and close friends as soon as I got a positive test (so approx 4 weeks) I announced it on FB. Of course it blew up from there, and I don't think a single person that does not know now. I could not wait to tell any one. I get too excited.
But like every one said already. There is no right or wrong time to do it. Just go for it whenever you feel most comfortable with.

I told at 8 weeks. I decided I would want the support if anything wrong did happen. But if youre comfortable waiting, then wait. Its a personal choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->