Wanted: Fashion Advice

Minxy

Reaction score
I'm going back to work week after next and as I'm too big for my old clothes ( :cry: ) I'm going on a big solo shop in Brum tomorrow to get myself kitted out in something other than sick-covered jogging bottoms! :D

My office dress code is smart/smart or smart/casual. What can I buy? I love those smock/tunic type tops that are about but will they look daft on a small tubby bird? What about shoes, bags, accessories.

What's hot and what's NOT?

ROFL I will refrain from posting...combats and trainees are my uniform hehe.
I primark there are some really nice tunic tops all in retro/funky patterns, they would look good with some nice trews?
Im a short bird, and am pretty chunky but i think they are pretty flattering?!

for the office you can never go wrong with black trousers (black slims u down) heels (they too slim u down) and a blose with a tank top over it-disguises mummy tummy. :D

I just mix and match tops with my black trousers, and black heels, and other days I wear my little leopard print pumps-so comfy!

new look have nice tops for the office at reasonable prices aswell as Asda and Tesco :D

How about black trousers and funky tunic tops :?

Only problem is, I'm stuck in the bootleg era, maybe straight legs would go better fashion-wise? But they're not as flattering? And should I be going for style not fashion now anyway? Hmmmmmm...........

Definitely going to get some heels though. Am so pleased chunky ones are back in! Yay! :D

its casual in my office but i prefer to dress smart.

when i go shopping for office clothes il be looking for

nice black trousers with dresses over the top, or long shirt dresses over trousers or i just like black trousers with tight black plain t.shirt big brown bag and brown belt

i love fashion :D

these are the shoes i like. would look nice with black cl,othes and brown bag https://www.asos.com/Leather-Stacked-Platform-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=137770&cid=1433

but they are £12 in primark every colour

Those are the sort I was looking at in Faith today.

I love heels! I'm going to try and get some like that in ivory for my wedding because they're sturdy enough not to hurt all day.

I've just bought loads of thick funky coloured tights so if I go for longer tunics I might get away with no trousers at all sometimes :D

I have to be carful because I teach 16-19 yr old lads and although I'm not a fox it's frowned upon to dress sexy! :lol:

lol i bet they well fancy you

i have a black dress i wear with black shoes and teal tights:)

Dionne said:
lol i bet they well fancy you

Only the soft ones. Bless! They are mostly wannabe gangsters and I'm not 'street' enough for them. I have to keep reminding them they live in the Birmingham 'hood not downtown LA :roll:

I'm back work Monday and I've also gone up a size since I was there before. :oops: But I'm really lucky in that I have a sort-of uniform. I have a black polo shirt with the company logo and department on it, then I've just bought 2 pairs of larger black combats to wear underneath. And they were only £7.50 each in the Tesco sale! I'm easily pleased!!!!

what do you work as amanda?
you going back full time?

are you going back fulltime too minxy?

im looking forward to go back to work :lol: only 2 days a week long days though :x 8am - 6pm

I'm going to do Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

I'm looking forward to it too! It's only 8-4.30 at our place but I'll be out the house from 7am-6pm because of Birmingham commute time :roll:

My workwear varies. Its smart casual mainly, but some days whe I am in court I have to wear a suit - yuk!

I mainly wear black, gry or brown trousers with shirts, shirt dresses, long t-shirts, or I layer vest tops and knits. There are loads out there, Primark have some great things in (got a lovely belted brown poloneck long jumper for £8).

Beanie dont u just hate going to court? We have to do it in our job too - not as much as u tho, but thank god since Ive been back I haven't had a case go as far as an ASBO cause I have no suits that fit :oops:

Minxy u sound a yummy mummy! :D

I second what Dionne said.

I for mencap as am meeting clients and their families all day and ten you have the top dogs,medical clientel etc etc I have to be smart but know that clothes can get ripped off me in an instant if I get an abusive client. So I wear smallish heels (I have so much driving), trousers or long skirts and boots and tunics,linen shirts but I am talking more summer here as that's really last time I worked and will be that weather again soon when I return.

I go onto Next website to the work wear bit and go from there..

If I am having meeting after work then I just change top and wear coloured fishnet tights under my trousers so only a little is peeking out.

i find that Bags,scarves and belts make the outfit anyway so I just inter-change them.

Bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->