wanted the ground to open and swallow me up

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
It was my cousin's (D) hen party on saturday night and as part of their sales pitch, they were passing around the "toys" :winkwink:

My other cousin (S) decided at that point to shout out in a room full of people, "you need to buy one of these Em, spice things up, that's why you're not getting pregnant!!" and it took every ounce of strength I had not to hit her and walk out. And while I was trying to hold back the tears I just replied "well considering we're not trying at the moment S, I think that's contributing to it"

Seriously, how can someone be so cruel? She wasn't even drunk at that point :cry: I've never felt so embarassed in my entire life and had confided in her that I was upset about how long things were taking, not for it to be used against me :nope:

:-( oh honey, so sorry that happened to you.
Hugs :hugs:
Hope she's apologised for being so horrid

Ps should have hit her over the head with it!

:-( oh honey, so sorry that happened to you.
Hugs :hugs:
Hope she's apologised for being so horrid

:nope: she didn't, she just laughed it off as I brought it up on sunday and told her how close I was to actually hitting her :grr:

Her sister (D), who's hen party it was, was mortified the following day when I went down to her house to collect my car :nope:

What an awful thing for her to do, especially considering you'd confined in her.

I would definitely be pulling her to one side to make it abundantly clear how she's made you feel. I'm so sorry you had to go through that :hugs:

I just don't plan on telling her anything ever again about that side of things, espescially if she's going to announce it in a room full of people.

I haven't even told my hubby yet as I think he's going to hit the roof when he finds out :sad1:

I'm wondering I'd she's jealous of you or something, for her to act so mean. Has she been like this before?

Your the better person for staying dignified while she made herself look stupid. You sound like you handled the situation with class x :flower:

How totally insensitive, you could be having medical problems, you could have had a mc, any number of things that she didn't know about. Someone in my office made a joke similar once to which the person responded that actually she had just miscarried. I guess she just thought she was being funny, infact she probably didn't think at all but that was a really unkind thing. People can get very just by jokes made at their expense, that girl won't have friends for long if that's how she acts. Sorry for you.

I'm wondering I'd she's jealous of you or something, for her to act so mean. Has she been like this before?

Your the better person for staying dignified while she made herself look stupid. You sound like you handled the situation with class x :flower:

I don't have anything for her to be jealous of though, well at least I don't think I do. She's always just told me to relax and then it'll happen, never been particularly supportive about it.

However much I wanted to bite back and have a go, I couldn't ruin D's hen night as it's not her fault her sister was so cruel about it.

It's just not helping as I really wanted to be moving over to ttc this month, but hubby isn't overly keen as he's worried about us getting pregnant and something going wrong when we're on honeymoon in turkey in june :dohh:

People can be SO inconsiderate and it's really sad when it's family. I am an extrovert and have put my DH's family in their place so many times, they know to be careful around me. I can not and will not tolerate things that hurt other's or myself. Never have, never will. :thumbup:

I so sorry you had to go through this after you confided in her with such a sensitive topic. That is how I learned (the hard way) who I can and can not trust)...sad but true. :cry:

Just remember, sometimes complete strangers, such as us, are the persons you want to talk to about things and we understand what you are going through.

Keep your chin up, but remember to always put you foot down! (Or up someones arse!:haha:)

I don't even know what made her come out with it as I haven't actually spoken to her about us ttc since before our wedding in July :wacko: So I think the shock of her coming out with it didn't really help either

I need to start throwing myself back into bnb as I really feel like I've been struggling with the whole wtt thing :dohh:

I don't even know what made her come out with it as I haven't actually spoken to her about us ttc since before our wedding in July :wacko: So I think the shock of her coming out with it didn't really help either

I need to start throwing myself back into bnb as I really feel like I've been struggling with the whole wtt thing :dohh:

:hugs: WTT sucks, but we all have our reasons and the finish line is the best reward e.v.e.r.

Wow...what an awful human being. That is so terrible that she said those things to you. She sounds like she has a lot of issues within herself if she feels the need to single you out like that and humiliate you. I am so very sorry *hugs*

Does she have kids of her own?

That's horrible. There's no reason for you to feel embarrassed though - she's the one who's made herself look an utter arse. Some people just don't think before they speak, if they think they're going to get a laugh, which is so selfish when it's at the expense of somebody else's feelings. And especially with sensitive matters such as this, you would have thought she would have exercised a little restraint, whether or not you'd confided in her. Sad.

Urchinia she has 2 boys of her own

It sounds like she's one of those know-it-all mommy's then. I hate it when people say, "just relax and it will happen," ...that is not how it works.

Karma will bring her down a peg eventually.

Argh, Emmy, I'm sorry. What a dick. And it wasn't even funny?! If she was trying to make a joke that is. It's just mean, mean-spirited and unfair.

It's usually insecure people who laugh at other people's expense

Well we are all here to support each other on WTT. It's one place where you know others are in the same boat and have some sensitivity on the subject. :hugs:

Well we are all here to support each other on WTT. It's one place where you know others are in the same boat and have some sensitivity on the subject. :hugs:

Thank you :hugs:

And thank you everyone for not making me feel like I was over reacting, I really appreciate it <3

ETA - I just read my siggy quote again and it's given me a bit of a boot up the backside. And it makes me want to stick two fingers up at her and what she did. I'll get there and I won't give up :haha:

Oh emmy so sorry for you with that stupid girl!!
Go show her your inner tiger and roar at her!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->