Wanting a baby at just turned 20?

Hi,
I think as long as you and your OH are both ready then 20 is a good age to TTC,I am 22 and due my 4th baby in september!As I had 3 in 4 years my parents were like oh god not another one!:rofl:but they come round ,as long as your happy with the idea it doesnt really matter what anyone else thinks.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

sam xx

hi
i think you always do want you want. i waited being career minded and now Hermione is here i wonder why i waited!!!

HOWEVER from my experience really think about the life change and the pressure on your relationship. not trying to say its not great but my life has changed and i do feel out of the loop with my friends and going out, just popping to ... doesnt happen anymore.

also im just 27 and been with my man 10 years lived together 3 and we are still in love and everything but things can get strained, and difficult when your both tiered, now Hermiones getting better it is getting a little easier, but it is something to think about you interactions change and everything. its just stuff to talk about beofre you go ahead, and go ahead if its what you want. when your parents meet thier grandchild they wont care what age you were they fall in love (as you would know from your sis)

good luck and keep us posted

I'm 19, OH is 18. He'll be 19 in May and I'll be 20 in June. We're waiting until we have our own place and we're gonna get married first but we're wanting...BAD. You're not alone! I've wanted to be a mother all my life and now that it's a possibility, I can hardly contain myself! I may have endometriosis so fact of the matter is, the sooner we get going, the better our chances but hey, that's cool with us <3

We'll be moving in together this summer so long as everything goes according to plan and we'd like to get married the following Spring...I'm so excited!

Don't worry about your parents, weather or not they don't want you to have a baby it's your choice, and even it they are upset at first they will come around. Believe me, I'm 19 and have a 4 month old, and they were so sad at first but now that she's here they are so happy to be grandparents. I was adopted and my parents are already older (my mom is 65 and my dad is 72) so I was always worried that my kids wouldn't know them. I will warn you that though having a baby is wonderful and amazing its super stressful and does put a strain on your relationship, and it's very lonely, I don't know anyone who has a baby. So make sure you and your OH are totally ready, make sure your ready to give up going out whenever you want, staying up late, even just going to the store or getting a coffee is a big inconvenience. If you guys are ready then good luck it's a wonderful rewarding experience! Lots of luck! :hug:

I'm 19, OH is 18. He'll be 19 in May and I'll be 20 in June. We're waiting until we have our own place and we're gonna get married first but we're wanting...BAD. You're not alone! I've wanted to be a mother all my life and now that it's a possibility, I can hardly contain myself! I may have endometriosis so fact of the matter is, the sooner we get going, the better our chances but hey, that's cool with us <3

We'll be moving in together this summer so long as everything goes according to plan and we'd like to get married the following Spring...I'm so excited!

Oooo hope u enjoy living together! Im not too sure wot the ins and outs are of endometriosis, wud it mean that it could eventually cause problems with conceiving?
Leigh xx

I know I have already replied but hey...LOL I have read a few other replies, and I agree that as long as you feel ready, then go for it. I can't remember what my last post said either..I'm having one of those weeks I think.

Get everything you want to do out of the way now. If you want to see anywhere in the world, go do it now, because when you have your baby it will be so much harder. If you have anything you want to do that having a baby will make harder, do it now!

I never wanted to travel the world, I have a phobia of flying, and I guess it's hard to get to a lot of places without flying :blush:, I have never been a "let's go out and get hammered" type girl. I prefer nights in, with my friends with a DVD and a bottle of wine. I have done pretty much everything I have wanted to do, and have a good education behind me (11 GCSE's, 4 A-Level's, and I'm halfway through an NVQ Level 3 worth 2 more A-Level's), and I can do everything I want to do now, with a baby.

I don't know why I said that, but I guess it's important to know.

Take Care xx

I know I have already replied but hey...LOL I have read a few other replies, and I agree that as long as you feel ready, then go for it. I can't remember what my last post said either..I'm having one of those weeks I think.

Get everything you want to do out of the way now. If you want to see anywhere in the world, go do it now, because when you have your baby it will be so much harder. If you have anything you want to do that having a baby will make harder, do it now!

I never wanted to travel the world, I have a phobia of flying, and I guess it's hard to get to a lot of places without flying :blush:, I have never been a "let's go out and get hammered" type girl. I prefer nights in, with my friends with a DVD and a bottle of wine. I have done pretty much everything I have wanted to do, and have a good education behind me (11 GCSE's, 4 A-Level's, and I'm halfway through an NVQ Level 3 worth 2 more A-Level's), and I can do everything I want to do now, with a baby.

I don't know why I said that, but I guess it's important to know.

Take Care xx

Ideally I would love to see the world, go to lots of different countries etc. I just don't have the money, time or guts to do it! I have 11 GCSEs and 3 A-Levels, I didnt go to Uni because there was nothin more I wanted to do, I'm in a full time job and at the moment, still don't know what career I want. This might sound bad but I had all my "lets get drunk for no reason" times wen I was 15! Now I don't like drinkin because I cant stand the feelin sick the day after. Not bein able to eat and stuff. The only thing I want to do is have a baby :) I think if there is anything I end up wanting to do, there will be plenty of time after my baby has grown up and become independant. I think I will end up like lots of older people/retired people, doing everything then, when you have gone thru all the hardwork and are enjoying the rest of life. That is great advice though. Thanks! xx

hey,

im 21 now but have been ttc without success for 3 years...... so id say if you guys are ready then go for it, i started ttc at 18 and didnt imagine ever waiting so long..... but even now at 21 people are shocked im ttc!!!

xx

I am in the same situation as you! Although me and my boyfriend have not been together as long as you and yours have, although we have a strong relationship and are both very very sure of what we want in life and very supportive and respectful to one another (in other words i could not be happier or more secure!)

I say go for it! If its just other peoples opinions youre worryign about, dont! When they see how maturely you handle it and what a good mother you are everything will change!
(if only i coudl take my own advice)

I am in the same situation as you! Although me and my boyfriend have not been together as long as you and yours have, although we have a strong relationship and are both very very sure of what we want in life and very supportive and respectful to one another (in other words i could not be happier or more secure!)

I say go for it! If its just other peoples opinions youre worryign about, dont! When they see how maturely you handle it and what a good mother you are everything will change!

Haha yea u shud! I dont mind too much about other peoples opinions any more, i still think about it but it wont stop me now!

It doesn't matter too much how long u av been with ur boyfrend, i spose u just know if its goin to work, and if he is also broody then i think he definately thinks ur a keeper anyway! Im diein to have a baby now hehe.

I managed to not have that cig today!! Very difficult but im still here hehe!

xxx

Haha yea u shud! I dont mind too much about other peoples opinions any more, i still think about it but it wont stop me now!

It doesn't matter too much how long u av been with ur boyfrend, i spose u just know if its goin to work, and if he is also broody then i think he definately thinks ur a keeper anyway! Im diein to have a baby now hehe.

xxx

We are both incredibly broody (or clucky as we say here hahaha)!! The only things that are holding me back are a bit of debt my boyfriend is in (although honestly this will be payed off in 9months....anyway) and what my family will think (i know, i know stupid reason)...

Well done on the cigs! I quit about a year ago, best thing I;ve ever done. Now just have to get the oh to give em up.

I say start trying!!! No matter when it happens you will never be ready and when it does, you'll be forced to work everything out!! You just need the motivation

xxx

We are both incredibly broody (or clucky as we say here hahaha)!! The only things that are holding me back are a bit of debt my boyfriend is in (although honestly this will be payed off in 9months....anyway) and what my family will think (i know, i know stupid reason)...

Well done on the cigs! I quit about a year ago, best thing I;ve ever done. Now just have to get the oh to give em up.

I say start trying!!! No matter when it happens you will never be ready and when it does, you'll be forced to work everything out!! You just need the motivation

Thanks! They are similar reasons with me, money not great at the moment but im sure that before 9 months r up we will both be ALOT more stable, it just takes abit of convicing my mum n dad to like the idea of me havin a baby. I think if they werent here (not that i wud want them not to be or anythin!!) then i wouldnt feel as scared. iv decided to go for it in anyway, i have done a preg test or 2:blush: and although i knew they were goin to be negatives, i got that feelin wer ur disappointed and SO wanted it to be positive. then the quittin smokin an everythin wud be alot more worth it! I dont realy wana quit, but I HAVE to, which to me isnt a bad reason either. In my head its the best thing to do but stil always sed i wud smoke wen i wanted. not an addiction to me, its the routine. i duno. i wana just go for it now :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->