• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanting to BF after rocky try with DS

Sini

Reaction score
So with DS BFing just didnt work. He came out with forceps and was so bruised he screamed in pain whenever I tried to hold and feed him. I didnt have BF support and HV/OH/FAMILY didnt make it any easier. I gave up after roughly 3 weeks and still feel a bit quilty and gutted about it.

This time Im determined to try harder and make it longer. We have moved so INLAWS wont be making it awkward and Ive dont lots more research and tried to prepare myself as best as I can.

DS is having hip surgery and when baby is born will still be in a cast. When the baby is roughly 2 weeks old DS will come out of cast and start intense daily physiotheraphy. We will be out and about to DR's and physio appointment daily.

How do I master BFing in public/on the go with a newborn when Ive got a rubbish first attempt with DS under my belt?

Any tips on making public/on the go BFing happen? :)

Any advice would be appreciated!

My honest best tip for NIP is.. Don't let anyone or any situation make you feel uncomfortable! When you NIP you kinda have to have the attitude i'm doing this for my baby and screw you if you have an issue with it.

The more I did it the easier it got. I love the double shirt pull down the tank pull up the shirt. I personally normally use a nursing cover but my girls are quite large and kinda hard to hide plus LO is at the stage where she plays with my shirts and will push them up and let the world see more :)

I personally found that when I got confident with NIP I got that confidence like I can do this no matter what. and I was really proud of myself that my baby always had food no matter where I was what we were doing and I didn't have to fuss with a bottle and it kept LO calmer because she just gave me a little hint she was hungry and I fed her before she got cranky and we never made a scene in public. I have had to feed her at just about every doctors appointment i've been to (which has been quite a bit because I need to have surgery soon) No one says anything or even bats an eye. I nurse her when she comes with me to work in front of little kids, adults everyone... You can do it.

You earned your tiger stripes carrying your baby now it's time to dig down deep find your roar and the confidence that comes with it and let it shine to feed your baby the way you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->