wanting to give up :(

WGP0909

Reaction score
I've been secretly tcc. Espeically from my mother. She barley supports me and hubby so I know us getting pregnant would be a complete disaster in her eyes. This morning I left my pure at her house and my cat tipped it over. My purse contained opks and he she called asking about it. I told her hubby accidently got those n ment to get hpts bc awhile back thought I was. I know she's on to my ttc plan and will get very upset if find out I am. Its making me want to give up and not fall pregnant bc I know the stress it'll bring to our relationship. Hubby doesn't really think its a big dealm but im so upset and wanting to just kick myself for being so dumb:(

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Not to sound harsh, but this isn't your mother's call; you do what you need to do for you.:flower:

You are an adult. You have the right to have a child, just don't lean on your mom too much and then she can't get too involved in your business. I found once i changed my perspective on my family (sisters and mom) and I don't even ask for their advice on things I just do it. Do what you want it's empowering. I keep the ttc thing private though too because I don't want anyone's input along the way. YOu only get one life! Soem people have like 10 kids and don't care what anyone else thinks.

wow, Im not sure what to say. if you were TTCing anyway you would eventually have to tell her when pregnant and deal with her reaction, so why give up. you dont have to tell her the truth because she saw the tests. try to ignore her opinion if you can, its yours and hubbies lives not hers :hugs:

It's so sad that you feel this way :( I'm just sorry that your mother couldn't be more supportive with a decision that is for you and your DH to make

I can understand keeping ttc a secret, sometimes it's easier, especially if you've been ttc for a while or dealing with fertility issues

I hope you get your BFP very soon, don't give up unless its what you and Dh decide is best for you both :hugs:

WGP, all the girls here are right, this is yours and DH's decision not your Mum's, I'm sorry she's making you feel this way :hugs::hugs: but don't let her attitude towards you being a Mum stop you because I'm sure you'll be fab at it :flower:

Take deep breaths and just go for it, we're here with you when you need us :hugs::hugs:

The girls are all right:flower:You do what you need to do and if you give the attitude your telling her what your doing and not asking for an opinion it will make a difference. I know some ladies have great mothers but I don't have one so I wouldn't even consider asking for my mothers opinion because I know I don't respect her opinion enough in the first place:thumbup: You only live once so enjoy it:hugs:

Sorry to say this but eventually your Mom will pass on and your children are your legacy. You make the choice to have that legacy or not. Some people don't agree with our choice to procreate but they aren't the ones raising our children..

A baby is a miracle! Why would your mother NOT be in support of that? It is time for you to make your own decisions. If it negatively affects your relationship with your Mom, then it is flawed to begin with and perhaps this is a chance to help mend it. All the best to you and lots of baby dust! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->