Warm baths?

lm3898

Trying for a 3rd!
Reaction score
Please help! Hubby and I are on amazing anniversary vacay in Mexico and got upgraded to this gorgeous suite with an outdoor jacuzzi bath tub.

Do you think as long as I don't make it too hot it's safe? There's a great breeze at night so I feel like my body will stay fairly cool but I'm still nervous.

Baths are about my fav thing though so hoping I can use this... Are the jets not ok? Baths are ok in pregnancy right?

To be clear, it's a tub with jacuzzi jets so I can control it, not a shared outdoor jacuzzi. Thanks!

it's fine to have a bath as long as it isn't too hot :) enjoy xx

I've just been on a spa day and they said I wasn't allowed to used any of the Jacuzzis and even recommend not to use the pool because of the chemicals they put in! I don't think the Jacuzzi jets are good for you either but I'm not sure!

My doctor also advised not to use the Jacuzzi!

From what I know people are advised not to use jacuzzis in swimming centres etc because they are kept at some 41 degrees which is too hot, but if you can control the temperature then it is absolutely fine, it's just a big bath and baths are okay. I have never heard anything about the jets not being good for you, I can't see why it would be a problem. If the bath water feels easy to get into, you don't have to ease yourself in slowly or anything, then you'll be okay :)

Enjoy!

I think one of the big problems with jacuzzis is that they stay at a constant temperature whereas baths cool fairly quickly so even if it was quite hot when you got in a bath would cool down before your body temperature was raised but a jacuzzi would stay warm and be constantly heating your body.

If you kept it fairly cool and kept getting out and having regular breaks it would *probably* be ok but they do recommend against it.

A jacuzzi in a public place (ie public pool), is different than a private jacuzzi. You can control the temperature and add cold water to cool it off if needed. So I wouldn't worry about it. You just want to make sure you don't get over heated, and if you feel that way then get out and sit on the edge to cool off in the breeze. Enjoy and relax

I've been using my jacuzzi at home and the first couple of responses worried me. I think if the water is at a comfortable temperature where you don't feel hot then you should be ok. I use the jets too but try to make sure the ones closest to my back are on the least powerful setting. Happy bathing!

The trick is not overheating yourself because that overheats baby, which is bad in first Tri and not good throughout the rest of pregnancy. The problem with heated tubs is that the water doesn't cool. Keep it around body temperature or at/below 100F and you're all right. I have a bath that starts out as hot and cools down weekly and have since I was 6 weeks on with my first baby.

Here is what I have been told by my doctor. Public jacuzzis/hottubs or ones at friends are a huge no no.
Jets are not to be used even with in home tubs.
Warm baths are fine as long as I say hydrated and if I start feeling hot or my heart starts racing as it does in a hot bath to get out.
If it's to hot it can raise your blood pressure which is bad for baby. Not sure on the reasoning for the jets but I won't use them anyways.

This never even crossed my mind. I have my baths quite hot, i did throughout my first pregnancy. Didn't even consider that it was bad!

Thanks so much for the helpful responses! I did a warm bath & no jets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->