Warm weather carrier

Tacey

Reaction score
i'm after some advice. I have a couple of mei tais and LOVE them, but I'm concerned about how exposed my LO is to the sun. Even though she's plastered in suncream, it still bothers me. I've taken to wrapping a silky scarf over the top, but the extra layer makes us both even warmer.

I've never managed to try a wrap style carrier before, and was wondering if it would be worth giving it a go. Do they cover up the baby better than in a mei tai? Do you think they are cooler to wear? Alice is 10 months old now and weighs about 21lbs if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any advice!

Bump!

As I too would be interested if a wrap would be better or more comfy in this weather.

Although tacey - I cover my LO in factor 50 6 hour cream and make sure she has bandana and lightweight long trousers/sleeves on. The problem I find with my Mei Tai is that we both get sweaty hot where our bodies meet! I have considered getting a parasol, Chinese type to offer us both shade - but I'm a bit afraid I'll look silly!

I've got a solarweave connecta on it's weigh - it's a maitei inspired carrier but has buckle clips instead of ties. Material is thin, lightweight & strong & SPF50; the hood is huge for when he falls asleep. Still obviously has bits exposed and needs cream but at least it's got SPF & is super light.

Has one on loan last week & loved it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->