Warning about ClearBlue Easy False Positive

Kisagotami

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Please don't lambaste me for posting here. I'm trying to do a service to the women of the world who, like myself, naively use a ClearBlue Easy +/- (non-digital) pregnancy test. I know, I know, you all already know that the blue dye tests are crap. Well, a lot of people don't know that.

My story: My husband & I are TTC & he purchased the 3 pack of ClearBlue Easy tests for me last month. We used one last month & got a positive result right away. I foolishly went on to announce my pregnancy to my friends & family. Some days later imagine my horror when I ended up in the ER trying to explain to a (male) Dr that I DID get a positive result & I don't know why his blood test is saying I am definitely NOT pregnant. AF came a callin' shortly there after.

I was annoyed but figured it was maybe a fluke or perhaps I'm just stupid & read it wrong.

This month I have two of these tests left & of course since they're sitting there staring at me, I HAVE to use them. Stupid mistake, really, because I got another positive. But this time I don't believe it. The next morning I take the last one, along with a First Response Early Results test. Both are negative.

I called the ClearBlue Easy helpline & the representative asks me if the positive result lines are thin. I say "yes". She says that that isn't a positive, it's an invalid result that I got because of the higher acidity of my urine sample. (None of this information is on their information sheet.) They are sending me a pack of digital tests, which I guess is good. But I'm not very happy with the performance of the ClearBlue test at this point.

When I google things like "clearblue false positive" quite a few people asking questions about it come up, but no decent answers. So here I am, posting, & hoping the next gal that has this problem & googles it will find this thread. Yes, that is a false positive. Don't use this type of test again! Like all the ladies here already know, use the pink dye tests. FREF seems to be a favorite.

Thanks, & again, I hope you'll accept my post without cruelty. If you don't like it, try ignoring it. Thanks.

Amanda

I am so sorry you were disappointed. I have heard that from so many people! I am tried and true first response, but use Clear Blue for my OPKs. I wonder if I should wonder about them too........

I'm glad you called! They need to hear from more women that this is not ok. Fix the problem already!

I'm sorry hun :hugs: Those tests are horrible and probably crush hearts every day. Most of us know this here and NONE of us are the least bit offended at your post. I am bumping this in hopes that anyone else who doesn't know about this evil test will know now.

i had the same thing happened to me, i took the clear blue plus and it came up with a bright blue cross,, and i couldnt believe it so i did another one and another plus.

i too was so excited and then i came on my period!!! and like you the line going down was bright blue but thin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER BUY THESE TESTS... i was heart broken.

i have used Clear Blue digital tests, came up pregnant and it was true :)
but i lost my baby at 10 wks in hospital :(

I had the problem with digital. Didn't come back negative. But it said not pregnant after I had two positives and I was actually pregnant I guess just not far enough along.

So is this just any blue dye test or just the clear blue ones? I am ttc #2 x

sainsburys blue dye tests give false positives too

so my advice from experience is to NEVER buy BLUE dye tests

ALWAYS buy PINK dye tests

Superdrug own brand preg tests use PINK dye, they r quite cheap too, i recommend buying them,

Superdrug own brand preg tests use PINK dye, they r quite cheap too, i recommend buying them,

With baby #1 I used the tesco own brand and they are pink too :) Ive got some from ebay this time (which i know work as my friend has used them on each of her 3 pregnancies!) and they are wayy cheaper than in the shops. But the strip ones seem to be more sensitive than the plasticky ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->