Warning against FRER tests!

Salty00

Reaction score
Preface this to say we are not ttc. All bd was protected this month. Only reason I even tested was because I keep cramping so much and wanted to rule pregnancy out before checking with the dr about cysts & possible treatment. I started out with some wondfo I had on hand and wanted to use
up. Over the span of the last few days I used them and then the last of FRER tests that was here. Wondfo mainly stayed bfn with a couple squinters aka their usual evaps. No progression so definitely bfn. FRER had the same faint line over and over except for the very first one that was stark bfn. I 100% believe the FRER faint lines are bfn since lines have not progressed either. But what is up with the FRER tests lately? They have gotten absolutely ridiculous with the faint lines that are not even positive. Years ago when I got a faint line like this on FRER I knew I was definitely pregnant. Now we have to play the guessing game. I cannot recommend these any more. What tests do others recommend nowadays?

Just for your viewing I added the test photos so that you can also see what I am talking about. I wonder if Amazon refunds for tests months after orders were placed? I bet not but what a waste of $$!

EE9EC37D-0622-4FA8-A1D9-D445D828AC79.jpeg 0AD4E618-F41D-4652-A079-756981D38B95.jpeg FF9BA567-7411-4CAE-8343-C95F5FD8F41B.jpeg F30A52BD-76D3-4232-BE2C-4A98CA27D82F.jpeg 09AF4A42-B33F-4A6E-A7C2-41880B6F82B1.jpeg

Sorry you went through that headache. Frer has the worst indent lines this past year and Wondfo always gives me shadow lines.
All tests have their hang ups, but for line tests I suggest Wally (but take a pic at 3m and 5m then toss and don’t look back) or clearblue early detection. Those gave me the least amount of grief. For digitals, first response gold always gives me a bfp as soon as my hpts and clearblue weeks is also super sensitive.

Sorry you went through that headache. Frer has the worst indent lines this past year and Wondfo always gives me shadow lines.
All tests have their hang ups, but for line tests I suggest Wally (but take a pic at 3m and 5m then toss and don’t look back) or clearblue early detection. Those gave me the least amount of grief. For digitals, first response gold always gives me a bfp as soon as my hpts and clearblue weeks is also super sensitive.

Thank you! It is super annoying that such a good brand is now bottom of the barrel. I don’t think I have ever used clearblue early detection before. Are they pink or blue line tests? If I ever need any tests again I will look at that brand.

Right?! They used to be the standard! So crazy. The early detection is newer and a pink dye. I liked it because I didn’t get weird lines, less prone to evap, and don’t yellow as quickly as frer/the progression was easier to see.

Good to know!

I got curious today and went and looked at FRER reviews online. There are such a huge amount of women having the same problem with so many negative reviews. Maybe they will get a clue & fix their product soon. They can’t be unaware at this point!

Tried one of the clearblue. I have never seen a line so close to the test line. I would assume invalid, right? AF due Monday. Seriously do not think our protection failed but just cramping a ton this cycle and it is driving me crazy. I can’t get in to see the Obgyn soon to scan for cysts but have had trouble with them before. I took the clearblue test basically to prove the FRER tests wrong.:lol:](*,)

71889AA2-33D4-4B84-824B-A29B3E5C162F.jpeg

I retested after a 1.5-2 hr hold. I think the clearblue may have the same light line always that FRER have lately. But at least since it isn’t darker I feel safe to say very likely not pregnant. At 12ish dpo & af due Monday, line should be more noticeable & progressed if the the FRER line was a true positive from earlier this week. No progression at this point seems like they are all just non-pregnant lines.

60C0CDC0-3F11-4DEF-817D-A07260ACBBEB.jpeg

I had a cyst a few cycles ago and I was getting all these evaps and super faint lines. I read that cysts can cause a small amount of hcg in your system. Could be that maybe.

I had a cyst a few cycles ago and I was getting all these evaps and super faint lines. I read that cysts can cause a small amount of hcg in your system. Could be that maybe.
That could be the problem since I do believe I am having issues with cysts. :-k Did she say which kind can cause hcg in the body?

Omg now I feel bad recommending it lol. That’s an indent as well in the first cb, but idk about that second one. I’ve seen two but usually they run on a weird diagonal. Sorry you can’t book in :(. So frustrating not having answers.

I really quite despise frer these days! I end up with lines on about 80% of the tests i reckon? When other brands remain stark white (back then one step, clearblue and wonfo are all ive used i think). But here clearblue is slightly more expensive and i kind of like having lines to give me hope lol this cycle i just have some one steps.

I didnt know that about the cysts, thats interesting

@DobbyForever Don't feel bad! I took one with SMU today and it was stark bfn so it didn't have any questionable lines going on. I bought the 5 pack when I bought the clearblue since I'd never tried them. I plan to save the others for if I ever need them in the future. Otherwise I'll regift them to someone who can use them if they start to get close to the expiration date and I haven't needed them. We've gotten more serious about protection near possible fertile dates after our surprise pregnancy at the beginning of this year. Neither of us our young anymore and the thought of starting over is rather intimidating. I know last time I got on board once I realized I was pregnant but I'm not wanting to pursue it either. My youngest is in high school so to think about starting back at newborn stage would be interesting. :lol:

Last edited:
I had to come back and add something about the clearblue in case anyone in the future stumbles across this post looking for answers. It pretty much is advice for every brand out there but I did go back and check the clearblue after 20-30 minutes and you could see a faint line. It was completely bfn within the time window so apparently these can get evaps after the time limit like most other brands out there. So just don’t take any result past the time window as Bible. Do another test if you can! Photo of the test included. It was definitely bfn before the time had passed!

9ACE7C81-DEAF-4375-B08B-CD33D38C1B9A.jpeg

Update!
The tests were all bfn, no matter how convincing some looked. Af showed up right on time. I admit I became slightly concerned on Sunday because my bbs suddenly started hurting terribly & I was nauseated. Not sure what caused the nausea, maybe something I ate, but bb pain is starting to go away with the arrival of AF. I wish there was a test out there that gave only truth and not lines of the great unknown. lol! If only. Best of luck to all of those ttc! :dust:

The hormones that cause PMS can also cause nausea, I get it too right before my period starts.

So sorry you have been so up and down. Frer have really gone down hill this past year. so many women getting terrible indent lines and there not even as sensitive now either.
I had better lines on ICs with my son and my miscarriage in June at 10 dpo. My Frer barly had a line. So was actually a IC that told me I was pregnant.
Crazy considering Frer we’re the best a few years back.
They need to fix the issue.

@DobbyForever
I’m with you on the wondfo tests they always give shadows. All tests should be completely stark white when not pregnant.
Giving women false hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->