WARNING - ASDA disposable breastpads

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
Have posted this in babyclub also.

I ususally buy these as I find them most comfortable unlike other leading brands inc johnsons. However, please be very vigilant if you are using these as the sticky on the back of them has now come off twice and ended up in LO's mouth.

The first time this happened she was 2 months old and she normally used to do the chewing motion because of her reflux but when I checked there was a blob of sticky gluey thing in her mouth. I fished it out and it was stretchy and v.durable and wouldnt even break into two, no matter how hard I tried to pull it apart and tear with my nails. I just was horrified and thinking what could have happened if she had swallowed it and didnt know what it was or how it got there. I was shocked to realise it was the sticky thing which must have come off the breatpad and stuck to my skin and must have entered her mouth when BF.

Now at 11 months, last night I put a fresh breastpad before bed and in the morning I realise that the pad wasnt sticking. Checked and there was no sticky thing on the breastpad. I thought maybe they just missed this one but I have just put LO down for a nap and found the chunk of the glue in LO's cot on her sheets!!

This time I have complained to them. Apparently they are looking into it and will post their response. I know they changed the boxes and the pads so wasnt expecting this to happen again so pls be very careful if you are using these.

How does the glue get on your boob and into LOs mouth though because the glue side sticks to your bra?

I used asda ones and had no trouble but it was last year and you say they have changed them now

x

How does the glue get on your boob and into LOs mouth though because the glue side sticks to your bra?

I used asda ones and had no trouble but it was last year and you say they have changed them now

x

Yes of course the glue side does stick to bra but having to pull bra up and down for the feeds it doesnt always stay in place nor in shape, unless maybe I should have used super glue. :haha:

When I started using them they were the old version and the ist incident happened then. The next incident happened today and I thought they would have solved the problem!

the same thing has happened to me with the asda breastpads and the glue ended up on his chin :huh: i wondred what the hell it was, got rid of it and thought no more of it until i changed the pad later that day n noticed no sticky on it so then it clicked so i switched to the johnsns and they have proved to be ok. x

the same thing has happened to me with the asda breastpads and the glue ended up on his chin :huh: i wondred what the hell it was, got rid of it and thought no more of it until i changed the pad later that day n noticed no sticky on it so then it clicked so i switched to the johnsns and they have proved to be ok. x

Yeh Ive used Johnsosns and still do at times but find that theres always a bit of fluffly stuff which gets stuck to the nipples (sorry TMI) no matter how often I change the pads!

i think asda pads are crap...or maybe i was too leaky, they soaked through and on to my top when i was feeding DS, i ended up getting the tommee tippee ones when Tesco had their half price offers on! x

i think asda pads are crap...or maybe i was too leaky, they soaked through and on to my top when i was feeding DS, i ended up getting the tommee tippee ones when Tesco had their half price offers on! x[/QUOTE

Think I might have to try those. Thanks :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->