Warning -TMI

RosieRosieP

Reaction score
Hello,

Just after some reassurance really.

Is anyone experiencing/has experienced bleeding after bowel movements?

Had to go for an early scan today and baby is fine and it only happens when I have bowel movements. The nurses weren't too concerned but I am just so worried especially with it being our first pregnancy.

Hello,

Just after some reassurance really.

Is anyone experiencing/has experienced bleeding after bowel movements?

Had to go for an early scan today and baby is fine and it only happens when I have bowel movements. The nurses weren't too concerned but I am just so worried especially with it being our first pregnancy.

Hi hun,

I had some brownish blood/discharge around 4-5 weeks after a bowel movement and was told it was because I was straining. Which makes sense because I was constipated. Do you have bright red blood or is brown?

Hey, I've had this a couple of times when I've been constipated and then struggled to go to the toilet.

The first time was 7w4d and it was a decent amount pink tinged cm. I freaked out and called hospital but had to wait a week for a scan. The scan went great and baby was measuring perfectly so they said it was maybe just the placenta implanting a bit more causing the bleeding.

Then it happened again at 9 weeks and a tiny bit at 9w2d. I phoned the midwife again and she said as it was brown blood this time it was old blood and not to worry about it. Of course I did worry so I googled a fair bit and I'm beginning to think it's maybe my cervix that's bleeding. I found a few women a couple of years ago that had this and got diagnosed with a sensitive cervix after bleeding when having bowel movements. It's the straining apparently. It makes sense cos I often bleed after sex and at my last smear my doctor did say my cervix was inflamed. I haven't talked to my midwife yet about it, but it doesn't seem to be too bad. It does look like there's usually a sex ban for the entire pregnancy, just in case, but other than that it seems ok. My next scans in just 2 weeks so will hopefully show baby is ok.

If the nurses aren't concerned and baby is growing well I'd try not to panic too much (easier said than done I know). I'm sure baby is ok and will make you very sick to reassure you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->