Was anyone in the middle of losing weight when they got Pregnant?

I had lost 30 lbs before getting pregnant. At 36 wks today, I've gained 19-20. I wouldn't have been able to stay that low except I've been on a GD diet the last 3 months. I'm looking forward to seeing how much I've actually gained after I have lo and to losing again.

I was on orlistat xenical when i found out i was pregnant and stopped immediatly, Ive not put on any weight yet during pregnancy

I had actually just got to my goal weight of 55kg from 63kg n that same month. BFP!! We werent even "offically" trying either as that was meant to be couple months later.
Now I spend everyday hating my body n how its changing n growing. I have actually been having a difficult pregnancy due to the weight gain. People have all told me I am quiet small for how many weeks I am (get told this almost daily) but it doesnt help, then I just think I must look fat not pregnant :nope: (baby is measuring perfect too so im not worried if i am small)
I am now showing through everything I wear and I just keep hoping with hard work afterwards I will get back to that lovely weight. I have been a gradual grower too so was showing very early (imo)

I hope we all get back to where we want to be after our babies arrive. Even if its hard work :winkwink:

I had just started losing weight when I became pregnant. I am 40lbs overweight. Thankfully I gained only 6.6lbs upto my 30weeks appt and bubba is weighing and measuring fine. Praying that I don't gain much in the coming weeks

It seems like most of you are doing really well weight wise! That's excellent! I am really feeling the motivation to get back into the gym after baby is here. I cannot wait for that! Its been really hard watching the scale go back up. I think the worst part is that people keep saying it's okay because I'm pregnant. That doesn't help :(

xpecta, what you said is true. people comment all the time saying weight gain is normal. In fact,they scolded me saying my weight gain is inadequate. Well! That's people for you

I was in the process of losing to get help conceiving. I had lost 5 stone by the time I got pregnant naturally. I was hoping to lose at least another stone but nature wasn't in on the plan! I find the worst thing for me is the attitude I get from drs and midwives, all they see is a high BMI and judge me on that, they constantly lecture me on the importance of being healthy, eating the right foods etc I've even been put in automatically for a healthy lifestyle class all despite changing the way I look at food and exercise for over a year before I got pregnant. When actually I have been taking better care of myself than those I no with normal BMIs who don't get any lecture at all! I have struggled at points to accept the numbers on the scales increase when I was getting used to seeing my weight go down! I just keep reminding myself that I have done it once, and will be able to lose it again after baby is born is its necessary. Looking forward to eating healthier to!

I hate when people judge me and think that just because I am bigger I must eat crap food all the time! I eat LOTS healthier than a lot skinnier people and have been for awhile, but people just assume I eat burger and fries all day. One person even told me that if I stopped eating fast food as much I would lose weight faster! (I cook all our meals and if we do get take out I get a salad with no dressing or a grilled chicken sandwich)! People (especially doctors) shouldn't assume anything solely based on bmi.

I had lost all the weight I gained for dd and was still losing (did it the right way, no crazy diets) when I got pregnant. It was/is planned but since I hadn't used bc since dd I wasn't exactly expecting it, lol. Before I got pregnant with dd I had a mc and got extremely depressed and gained 30 pounds so I actually still had more to lose even though I had gotten to prepregnancy weight. I have already gained 12 pounds so far but I was one of the lucky ones who had no ms and suddenly developed a sweet tooth (I HATE sweet things when I am not pregnant, so it is weird to want to eat cakes or candy now, lol)

Yes! I just found out but I had just started a routine workout a month ago, now I dont know if it is safe to continue? My Drs appt isnt until Dec 2nd. I wanted to be at a healthy weight before getting pregnant, but this also made me quit the unhealthy habits I had like drinking alcohol and soda. So maybe this will be beneficial:thumbup:

As long as you've been doing it before you got pregnant you should be fine :)

Congratulations!

I'd been trying to lose weight after gaining 5 stone in 6 months, I hadn't got very far no matter how hard I tried and had literally just been given medication (Orlistat) to see whether that helped me lose weight, 2 weeks into that and I got my BFP!
So although I haven't had to go through the process of seeing my body getting smaller and then bigger again, it's still quite depressing seeing my body getting bigger when I so desperately wanted it to get smaller. I'd rather have lost weight and then got pregnant to be honest! Although apparently the heavier you are, the quicker you lose weight until you reach a certain level, I'd still have rather been smaller than I am before I got pregnant, even if I would have just put it all back on.
People say 'oh it's alright, you're pregnant, you have an excuse' but I don't want to have an excuse, if I'd been smaller when I fell pregnant, I wouldn't be nearly as big as I am now :/

:hugs: Dreamer. It is definitely hard. Not long to go before we get to get back to it though! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->