Was making a sandwich and came across this...

I guess that's why it says on the packaging to wash the fruit/veg first. Gross. my stomach was churning when there were those few posts about the weevels in flour a few weeks back.

Lol I think worms are cute, in a weird way I'd be kind of glad to see it! I know it sounds crazy but at least the lettuce wasn't so sprayed with crap that it killed it. I'd throw throw the worm outside and then eat the lettuce without a second thought...

But I did find a maggot in a plum once and that put me off..don't find maggots so cute! x

^^ I probably would too. Although I'd wash it first obviously :)

Gross!!

I found bugs in amongst my raspberries once so I can't bring myself to eat those anymore lol! The horrible things wouldn't wash off and die easily either even after I soaked them in water haha!!

X

Better to have a few bugs in your salad than GM food, though :)

Reminds me of my mum when I was a kid, she defrosted broccoli and there was a slug in it. I think she put it in her mouth haha, she's never touched broccoli since.

Reminds me of my mum when I was a kid, she defrosted broccoli and there was a slug in it. I think she put it in her mouth haha, she's never touched broccoli since.

Omg! Eww! I was a little bit sick in my mouth reading this^ yak!

:lol: Don't worry, I checked with my mum since posting and she never put it in her mouth, just saw it floating in the pot as it cooked. She hasn't eaten broccoli since, though. :D

:lol: Don't worry, I checked with my mum since posting and she never put it in her mouth, just saw it floating in the pot as it cooked. She hasn't eaten broccoli since, though. :D

I would of been mortified if I saw a slug floating in my food lol!

Why? I'm guessing quite a bit of the food we eat now has come from GM crops (I might be wrong) but I do know there have been no proven health risks and there is no reason why there would be such health risks.

I'd so much rather GM than sprayed with insecticides etc. If I had the ability to genetically manipulate my garden veg so as to make them indestructible to certain pests I so would! Unfortunately it's a very complicated procedure only ever done by those who know what they're doing. Meh.

Ps. You still get worms on GM crops :haha:

Why? I'm guessing quite a bit of the food we eat now has come from GM crops (I might be wrong) but I do know there have been no proven health risks and there is no reason why there would be such health risks.

I'd so much rather GM than sprayed with insecticides etc. If I had the ability to genetically manipulate my garden veg so as to make them indestructible to certain pests I so would! Unfortunately it's a very complicated procedure only ever done by those who know what they're doing. Meh.

Ps. You still get worms on GM crops :haha:

:lol: That's true, you do.

All crops have been genetically modified throughout the years, even by organic farmers. I always eat organic, don't feel the benefits of GM food and after researching Monsanto and what they are doing to the international farming industry and humans and other species in general, I try to boycott as much GM produce as I can, though it's not always possible. When I lived in England, I grew vegetables, but I've only been in Spain a year and still need to figure the soil out. It's a lot more acidic and so far, my planting has come to nothing, aside from the tomatoes, which seem to grow anywhere :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->