Was my blood test a false negative?

BriKo

Reaction score
My fiancee and I have been TTC for awhile now :coffee: and I had made an appointment to get my wisdom teeth out back in September (that was supposed to be yesterday the 9th) but I completely wasn't thinking of the risks :dohh: and we charted my ovulation and DTD in November (I tested positive on the 28th and had left side cramps on the 29th). Yesterday, at 10 dpo they asked me if I was TTC and they sent me for blood work around 11am. Neg. We rescheduled my surgery for Monday the 12th. However, last night around 9-10pm I started getting AF like cramps and a little bit of pink spotting but no AF. This morning I'm still a bit crampy and nauseous. Still no AF. Could they have tested my blood too soon? Could I still be pregnant?

If you were only 10 dpo than yes there is a potential the bloodwork wasn't accurate. I would request a repeat bloodwork in a couple days to be sure.

Could definitely have been too early, what kind of blood test you had also matters. If a qualitative blood test was done they don't declare pregnancy unless the levels are over 25mIU/ml. A quantitative test done at 14dpo is the most accurate way to test. It'll give a positive result if your levels are at 1mIU/ml.

I'd call to clarify which one was performed and maybe request a second one if you haven't gotten your period by Monday.

I had my wisdom teeth out late in second trimester with my twins but I'm not sure I'd go forward with an optional procedure using general anesthesia while all hardwiring of very early pregnancy was going on.

My doctor told me that in early pregnancy, you can absolutely have false negatives with blood and to trust a hpt...have you tested yourself?

Just chiming in. When I got pregnant with my daughter I went for a routine physical and there was a qualitative pregnancy blood test requested. It was negative. Out of curiosity I asked dr how accurate those tests were anyway and he said 100%. 3 days later I found one last test in my pantry and decided to use it just for fun while I was on the phone chatting I POAS lol and LO and behold a clear bfp! I was shocked. We weren't trying. Needless to say I went back to the dr with my tests in a zip lock bag asking "wtf is this?! " LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->