Washing baby clothes

I've started washing all beanie's neutral clothes, blankets, towels and moses covers!!:blush:
Just got bedding and ironing left :hissy: Just want to do it bit by bit and get it out the way.

LOL!! Reading all the posts about ironing here. I'm so so so looking forward to washing everything and putting it out on the line but the ironing.... I'm looking at the huge pile of baby grows and body vests I've collected (this is without what I'll get at my baby shower) and just imagining the torture of standing there ironing it all... noooooooooo!!! Please!! Anything but that!
I HAAAATE ironing!!! :blush: I'm always trying to get out of it. Especially now cause after a while my back starts killing me.

:rofl::rofl: I'm not ironing either, hate ironing with a passion

I've washed all her babygros 0-3 months and vests, her coming home outfit from hospital. And all her bedding/blankets. I haven't washed all her proper outfits tho.

I always wash new stuff.

Just because it's new it doesn't necessarily mean that it's clean. They're packaged in warehouses where who knows how many people have touched them and then shipped from goodness knows where and in what conditions.

Doesn't bear thinking about for my money. :D

Thats my way of thinking to.. some of my stuff that has arrived from internet isnt actually packages and boxes were dirty so im going to wash everything so theyre nice and fresh for :baby:

Lets. You should see my ironing pile for today. It's disgusting

:rofl: I iron hardly anything, if I can get away with it I put it in the dryer to get the wrinkles out :blush:

I always wash clothes before wearing them, especially before putting them on my baby(thanks to a scary e-mail I got talking about larvae living in your skin - and you getting them from not washing your clothes before wearing them). Maybe wash one set of clothing, and then once you know FOR SURE that your babys gender wasn't wrong, wash the rest when you're back from the hospital? Your decision.

I always wash clothes before wearing them, especially before putting them on my baby(thanks to a scary e-mail I got talking about larvae living in your skin - and you getting them from not washing your clothes before wearing them). Maybe wash one set of clothing, and then once you know FOR SURE that your babys gender wasn't wrong, wash the rest when you're back from the hospital? Your decision.

Urgh I got that email too and it gave me the creeps!! Actually I think you've just made me all itchy just thinking about it.

Anyway... on the subject, I washed all the clothes given for my lil brother before he was born, and i always wash new clothes as I've worked in a clothing warehouse and seen what happens to them *shudders*

Yes mBlack!! That's the exact reason I was talking about when I said I'm so set on washing everything before letting it come into contact with me, my husband and our baby.
That email!!! *shudder* I've tried so hard to remove that image from my memory :(

Argh!!! Itchy!!!

:blush: I don't even iron my own clothes...........hubby does them for me when I have to work

i used to be like this. Was allergic to the iron. But since being pregnant and since my maternity leave started I really dont mind...maybe it's a maternal thing¨?!? I have ironed all of bubas bits...occasionally even iron our undies now....what a turn about! hahah

Plus you can iron while watching tv...i like to iron during jeremy kyle but have to keep putting the sound off to save bubs growing up to the sound of chavs rowing!! It's not the same when I cant hear what they're saying! haha (to those outside UK tv range its a UK form of jerry springer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->