Washing Baby's Clothes?

KLP83

Mum of 1 - no 2 1st tri!
Reaction score
Hi All

Just wondering who is going to wash their baby's clothes before he/she arrives and if so why? Just contemplating whether I should or not...? :)

x

I have just so I know there is no chemical and things on them from the stores etc. I wash almost everything that will come into contact with her skin (everything that can be washed :haha:)

I've just finished washing and ironing all mine. It's recommended to wash them in pure, non bio products before they come into contact with babies skin. Gets rid of chemicals used during manufacture, makes them clean and fresh. You don't know who's picked them up in shops. After working in retail for 10 years, I know first hand how filthy stock rooms can be. You don't know if its been dropped on the floor etc etc.

I never washed anything! I didn't get a chance as baby came early and I probably wouldn't have either.

I have washed everything this time, I didn't bother with DD and she ended up with a harmless rash but the doctor at the hospital said it was most likely the chemicals in the new clothes. Newborns have such sensitive skin.

i've washed all of mine - it was a good chance to have a look at all the lovely things we have bought or been given :)

I've washed some things but not others. And just because I was bored.

He'll wear a lot of things straight from the packet.

Unless I get bored again and wash those.

I washed everything. Then hung to dry and folded and put away <3 it was a really lovely time actually, bit of bonding. But mainly because I wanted everything clean for my baby.

I would recommend washing.

I washed her newborn to 3 month old clothes, caps , socks, mittens lol comforter , sheets ( dont forget those! ) and course the bottles

I plan on washing ours in non bio, but did you guys use any kind of fabric softener?

Just noticed comfort pure?

im using comfort pure tami :) strangely my MW recommended it at my last appointment, I didn't even ask about washing clothes she just came out with it lol.. I think she secretly works for comfort :haha: x

im using comfort pure tami :) strangely my MW recommended it at my last appointment, I didn't even ask about washing clothes she just came out with it lol.. I think she secretly works for comfort :haha: x

Its a conspiracy!!!!! :haha: lol

I will be washing everything, have already started with the contents of my hospital bag - so sleepsuits, vests, blanket, scratch mitts, muslins etc. and all of the newborn / 1 month stuff.

OH keeps trying to persuade me to wait until I'm on mat leave so I have stuff to do. I'm not convinced I'll have any mat lave before baby comes so I'll be doing it all in advance.

Plus I have a whole load of cloth nappies that need to be prewashed and that'll take ages!

I never bothered either pregnancy. I never seen the point. Clothes always look a and fit nicer, straight from the shop :haha:

I've never used non bio on baby clothes either.

I washed everythibg before she arrived I think it was part of my nesting and I LOVED the smell of fairy and comfort mmmm!

I didn't bother washing new clothes that were given as gifts though, got enough to wash now!

I've washed and ironed everything already - anything that touches babies skin as me and my son have very sensitive skin and also dont like the thought of where the clothes have been. Xx

I am going to be washing all of babies stuff as a lot of it is second hand and I would just like it to smell fresh x

Ill definately be washing babys things but i really dont know what to do with a few things i have... most new born stuff i have is 10lbs so iv bought a few 7/8 pound sleepsuits and vests in case she is only small as i thoughr the 10lb clothes would swamp her but if she is big id like to return the smaller clothes but this means i wont be able to wash them and remove tags.... anyone in same predicament??? I dont know what to do?!?! Or can babies just go straight into 10lb clothes?!Im so confused..... xxx

I've washed everything! blankets and all,

I was wondering the same thing yesterday actually. I was reading online about it, they say it's just to remove the chemicals from the clothes that manufacturers put on them to make them wrinkle-free and nice looking in the store.

I read a lot of people say they never did and their baby turned out fine, I think it's really just your personal preference/comfort :shrug: I think we will just because baby's skin is going to be so sensitive, I don't want to put clothes on that might irritate her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->