Washing baby's clothes?!

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
So I'm using a majority of my sons newborn clothes for his baby brother! At the moment there just in the way in bags! When there's Jensons brand new draws and wardrobe just there empty...I'm only 18+3 but feel the need to start washing them and putting them away is this too soon?

It isn't too early. I tend to wait till later on to bother with them, but I also keep clothes in a drawer for 6+ months, waiting for a baby/child to grow into them. In a drawer, you shouldn't have to worry about dust or anything.

I've got all baby's clothes in the drawers unwashed at the moment (by that I don't mean they are dirty I just haven't washed them myself yet). I'll wash them closer to the time because I think clothes stuck in a drawer for months can go a bit stale smelling but at least in the drawers they are out of the way.

I wash clothes at about 37 weeks so they smell as fresh as possible x

I personally wouldn't wash them so early, I find when they have sat around in drawers they start to smell a bit woody rather than of washing powder, however I do like those Yankee candle fragrance packets u can get for draws that smell of baby talc or fresh linen to keep them from smelling of the wood for the drawer if you did want to wash them early, I haven't started washing yet and won't do until I'm past 30 weeks

I probs won't start washing my baby stuff till at least 35 weeks hun x

I've got all baby's clothes in the drawers unwashed at the moment (by that I don't mean they are dirty I just haven't washed them myself yet). I'll wash them closer to the time because I think clothes stuck in a drawer for months can go a bit stale smelling but at least in the drawers they are out of the way.

I would do this. You can wash a draw at a time then and put them back. Im using all DD's old clothes too but waiting for the furniture to arrive . Like you its all in wash bags / storage boxes !! Xx

We sorted out our three boys rooms at the wkend so the nursery is now free ready for this baby girl. I have bought a handful of clothes and just been given a huge bag by my cousin. I have put them all away in the nursery drawers/wardrobe, will get them all out when I'm 36/7 weeks and wash them all! I did feel a little worried when I was putting them
Away that it was too early but they lol only be sitting in a bag in that room I want it all tidy so I thought why not!!

I would do this. You can wash a draw at a time then and put them back. Im using all DD's old clothes too but waiting for the furniture to arrive . Like you its all in wash bags / storage boxes !! Xx

Going to be doing this thank you ladies! :) xx

I've got cruzs in his draws and will wash them at about 36 weeks something like that x

I washed all baby clothes last week, and put a drop of lavender oil on a cotton ball in each drawer to keep them smelling nice.

Awh Donna! He's going to be called Cruz that's so cute! Well today I hung all his daytime clothes in his wardrobe and sorted through all his draws! Turns out I literally need NOTHING but some more day outfits which I hardly put Hayden in anyway as they just look so comfy and cute in baby grows! But I haven't washed them yet! I need to find moth things to put in all the boys drawers etc xxx

Awh Donna! He's going to be called Cruz that's so cute! Well today I hung all his daytime clothes in his wardrobe and sorted through all his draws! Turns out I literally need NOTHING but some more day outfits which I hardly put Hayden in anyway as they just look so comfy and cute in baby grows! But I haven't washed them yet! I need to find moth things to put in all the boys drawers etc xxx

Thanks Hun :)
Aww I'm the same I LOVE babies in baby grows and hardly ever dress them
In anything else lol x

Thanks Hun :)
Aww I'm the same I LOVE babies in baby grows and hardly ever dress them
In anything else lol x

Its so exciting! xx

I say get as much done as you can before you start feeling round and uncomfortable! If you're worried about them not smelling as fresh when the baby arrives, you can just put a couple of those sensitive skin dryer sheets in the back of the drawer or get some essential oil sachets to go in with them.

I was 100% thinking that as, as bad as it sounds I struggled getting up and down up and down being 19 weeks! So don't want to leave it till the last minute and struggle we have our 20 week scan on Monday so think once he's confirmed a boy for one last time as he caused us so much jip at the 16 week private scan and all is well with him I'll go ahead! :)

I got everything down from the attic about 4 weeks ago because I knew I had this last week completely house to myself (DH on a business trip, DS in nursery) and it's a good job I did - they all need washing (attic smell) and sorting and there was A LOT.

I'm 25 weeks now and had DS at 35 weeks so I wanted to be sure I had everything clean before 30 weeks this time, just in case.

Once we have a confirmed gender, I'll either be buying and washing new stuff or going through DS's baby stuff and washing that to be put in a drawer. I figure I can always put a couple drops of a soft essential oil on a cotton ball or find another way to keep clothing smelling fresh, but if I'm round and cranky, I'm not going to want to load everything up and hustle up and down the stairs to do laundry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->