Washing disaster!!!

curlylocks

Reaction score
I couold kick myself!!

I have spent all morning sorting out the baby's clothes and decided to wash everything today so I can hang it out.

I don't know the sex so everything is white/cream.

I've just walked passed the washing machine and there is a hideous bright red bib spinning round with everything. It is to ONLY piece of coloured item the baby has!! I must have scooped it up with everything else!

I can't believe how much stuff is possibley ruined!!!!

Agggrrrhhh!!!!

:hissy::hissy::hissy:

OH NO!!

I have so far found that nothing runs so hopefully it will be all ok!!!

Disaster!

Fingers Crossed for you hun. xxx

Oh no hon!! I really hope it's not as bad as it looks just now.

:hug:

xxx

On the bright side, it may mean I need to go on a shopping spree!!

Grrr I'm soooo annoyed!! xxx

Noooooooooooooooooo
Hope its going to be ok i did all my washing over the weekend and nothing ran at all and we had 2 bright red outfits in with the 'coloured' wash ie not white lol

Can you not stop the washing machine and drain it? and try to rescue them?

You could just get a colour run remover, or soak the stuff in a bleach/water solution if they are ruined and the colour run remover doesn't work

Mmmm I've tried and it doesn't seem to be working - I can't even find the instructions to see if it's possible!!!
x
x

it could be a sign that its a girl lol a shopping spree sounds fun tho lol
nikki

Whops!
I did this aswell but everything came out fine thankfully!
Wait untill the cycles finished before panicking, hopefully it will be fine.

Mmmm I've tried and it doesn't seem to be working - I can't even find the instructions to see if it's possible!!!
x
x

Keep it wet. Stick it in water if you need to. Go get some colour run remover and follow the instructions.

In my experience it works a treat if you catch it early enough and make sure the clothes don't dry. Don't be tempted to bleach as it will only turn the stuff yellow!!

Do you have any sertalising tablets? like for your bottles?
They work a treat :D

Oops!

Altho I'm guilty of doing this too... I washed all the deep pink stuff with the cream stuff, not giving a second thought that it might run! Luckily, it didn't.

If it does run, keep your fingers crossed it's a girl :rofl:

Phew!!! Thanks for all your ideas - but some how, it didn't run!!! I'm sooo relieved!!! xxx

x
x

Keep it wet. Stick it in water if you need to. Go get some colour run remover and follow the instructions.

In my experience it works a treat if you catch it early enough and make sure the clothes don't dry. Don't be tempted to bleach as it will only turn the stuff yellow!!
I haven't had my stuff go yellow?:dohh: maybe you left it in too long or something.

Glad that it didn't run, that would have cost a bomb to replace most likely.

Yeah you can get dye remover. Also for the future they make "color catchers" that you put in with your clothes so that if anything runs this little sheet soaks it up. I wash lights and darks together all the time with these things!!

So glad it didn't run hun. Would of been a disaster if it had xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->