WATCH OUT!! This thread is CONTAGIOUS! Be prepared...to laugh.

37Hopeful

Reaction score
CAUTION: The content of this thread contains material that may make you laugh. Please turn off computer if you are not comfortable with this. Or, simply move away, and go pee on a stick.

To all of you wonderful women who embark on the 35 + TTC journey right now: This process can be filled with intense emotions. You may feel some or ALL of the below:

DESPERATION: "This has to happen this month......or it will never happen"

LONELINESS: "I am the only woman in the world who may never know what it's like to be pregnant or have children"

OBSESSION: "I pee on at least 2 sticks each day.....I keep track of everything I eat.....drink...."

HYPER-VIGILANCE: "I just farted.....burped....my right breast is tender.....I THINK I AM PREGNANT..........or maybe it was the seafood?"

DEPRESSION: "This is never going to happen and I am never leaving the house"

If you have felt one, some, or all of the above.....here's how to deal with these uncomfortable- and perpetuating thoughts:

Desperation- Slow down. Breathe. Chances of conceiving takes some time but your chances of succeeding are HIGH. Chances of it NEVER happening = VERY LOW!!

Loneliness- Get on this website- or other websites, and you will realize that you are not alone at all!!! Communicate...share your feelings, concerns, questions with others who CAN empathize.

Obsession- Well, no matter how many times people tell you to WAIT......peeing on a stick is so gratifying! Go ahead.....pee on a stick. While you're at it, invest in some stock with the company!!

Hyper-vigilance- Sometimes a fart is just the passing of gas. The more you analyze it, the more it happens! (It happened to me in aisle 9 of the grocery store.....I said "ooohhh... I must be pregnant!!!" I was not.
Stress & "over-thinking about things" can cause issues with your digestive system. Vivid dreams, sore breasts, increase/decrease in sex drive can happen at any time in our lives.

Depression- This is an important one. Get off of the computer (which is contradictory to what I said above....I know). However, Go outside. Do something fun. Enjoy life. Spend time with your significant other, family, friends. You are not alone. This can be a very fun adventure!!!! Pee on sticks but make sure you talk about it, laugh about it, and ENJOY life because even though this process feels like it takes forever......don't let forever get the best of you. It comes faster than it should!

Written by Yours Truly:
37Hopeful.

VOTE: "Yes" if you laughed.

omg i loved it
id vote yes but no vote button
and unfortumatly i have felt everything there. Its good to know im not completely insane (yet lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->