Water Babies ?

BeesBella

Mama of 1 and expecting number 2 in July 2019
Reaction score
Me and OH have now been TTC#1 for 7 cycles, I have had an ultrasound done (for unexplained pain in my lower right addomen) and everything seems fine, ovaries are fine, uterus is fine and I had a collapsed follicle on my left ovary which means I had just, or was just about to, ovulate, so at least I know I am ovulating. Now I am starting to worry that the reason I am not pregnant yet is because I am overweight.

I weight about 11st 10lbs (164lbs) and I am only about 5ft3" so I have a BMI of 28.1 which means I am classed as overweight. I have a bit of a history with my weight and 3 years ago I was about 10st7lbs and I had my tonsils out, after that I was drinking loads of water, constantly because my throat was so sore and dry, within 2 months I had gone down to 7st12lbs (a bit too low I know).

I was eating less, not because my throat was sore, but because I really wasn't hungry because the water was filling me up, but I was still eating a lot, and I wasn't doing much, if any, exercise, so I put my weight loss down to me drinking so much water, I was literally drinking about 7 litres a day (maybe a bit extreme).

So I have decided, my aim is to get my BMI down to 24, which will mean I will need to weigh 140lbs (need to lose 24lbs). I will do this by mainly changing how much water I drink. I will start my goal at 3 litres a day and then after 2 weeks I will move up to 4 litres a day and so on. I will also drink a glass of water before I eat, that way I will know if I am genuinely hungry or just thirsty (I know the brain mixes up those signals).

So does anyone what to join me with drinking more water in order to lose weight and hopefully gain a :BFP: ?

Hey.

Isnt that a limit on water intake also?

Id join you on water but im not after BFP, still on weightloss wagon.

Good luck!

Isn't what a limit on water intake ? lol

No worries, I don't mind if you're not after a BFP, just need some support really, I fall off the wagon way too easily !

Well done on your weight loss so far btw ! How did you do it, if you don't mind me asking ?
Was it just healthy eating and exercise ?

Isn't what a limit on water intake ? lol

No worries, I don't mind if you're not after a BFP, just need some support really, I fall off the wagon way too easily !

Well done on your weight loss so far btw ! How did you do it, if you don't mind me asking ?
Was it just healthy eating and exercise ?

Lol, sorry.

You say going keep upping the litres, isnt there so much we can drink before becomes dangerous?

Ohh, it can easily be done with water. Ive recently downloaded app on my phone android system, called drinking water, keeps telling me to dirnk water if ive not logged for like an hour. Makes me giggle everytime i hear the sound.

Thank you!

Id say 80% been healthy/exercise ive dont slimfast, biggest loser, high protein to kick things off i do get stuck every 1.5 stone ive noticed.
Ive not lost any new lbs so far this year, so im working out like no tomorrow lol.

the NHS recommendation for water intake is 1.5 to 3 litres; be careful drinking too much as it can causes imbalance of the salts in your blood and fits and death : (

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7779079.stm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->