Water birth and clary sage

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
What's your hospital/birthing centre's policy on taking clary sage in with you when you're in labour for either in the bath or for the pool? My MW today mentioned how Chesterfield hopsital supply clary sage for when ladies want a bath but because she doesn't work out of there she wasn't sure if they allowed it in the pool. I'm giving birth at the Jessop Wing in Sheffield and I'm having a water birth (providing I'm not induced fingers crossed) so I'm hoping they have a similar attitude.

If I can have clary sage in the pool it'd certainly be lovely. Are you able to have it if you want do you know? :flower:

Hi Im from Doncaster. I probably have out of date info now but I thought they didnt like you to put anything in the water. x

I'm going to have to imagine that's a no to putting anything in the actual birthing pool. You don't want any type of oils like that for when baby is being born. If you're very keen on the smell placing a few drops on a dry cloth and inhaling it during your contractions would be really beneficial. Or you could check with their policy on oil burners.

with either of my attempted waterbirths putting anything in the pool was a complete no no as they told me essential oils could burn babies skin if they came in contact with the oils during or imediately post birth. most places wont allow oil burners either but i had some clarysage oil on a sponge that i could keep near me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->