Water Birth?

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
I know I've left this til the last min (just a little :rofl:) but I think I might want a water birth and just wondered if anyone can help answer a few questions and also share their experience & what they thought of a water birth.....

Would I be able to have a water birth if I was induced?

Is the same pain relif available when having a water birth?

Does the water help strech/open you up easier "down there?"

Ta x

I had a water birth but im not 100% on the questions you asked sorry!

All I know is I had gas and air and could have had pethidine (but chose not to). It was a lovely experience!

" Spending time in a birth pool softens the perineum and there is a slightly reduced risk of tearing or needing an episiotomy."
Source: https://www.naturalchildbirth.co.uk/waterbirth.shtml

No pain relief isn't the same and if your ashmatic or have any medical conditions or had probs during pregnancy your not allowed one.

They only like you to have gas&Air, as if there was any roblems they can't get you out if your doped up on pain killers

xxx

Using a birthing pool helps take away the intensity of contractions so pain relief is less likely to be needed. You can have gas and air. I doubt if you can have one if you've been induced as I believe they like to monitor you quite closely so you're quite restricted with movements etc (so more pain relief is likely to be needed), but I think Imi was induced so she'll know more about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->