Water breaking slowly or bloody show? UPDATE in labor!!!

October2013

Mommy to a baby girl
Reaction score
It's about 3:40am here and I just got up to get some ice cream :haha:. On my way to the kitchen, I felt liquid coming out of me, like I was peeing my pants. I hurried off to the bathroom, sat down for a pee, and a little bit of clear, blood tinged watery liquid came out. Definitely was not urine and it was about less than a cup amount. I just wiped and there was a bit of mucous to it.
I've called my midwife and I'm waiting on a call back, but does anyone know what this was?? I'm currently not getting any painful contractions, just lots of pressure in my pelvis and vagina, and aside from that little bit nothing else has come out.

Updated: Well I'm officially in labor! Contractions started soon after the leaking so I came to the hospital. They confirmed it was my water breaking and have admitted me. Last time I was checked I was only 2cm but hopefully that's progressed because these contractions are bad! Internet service is terrible here so I will update when I can. :)

Can't help but laugh at the fact you are getting a bowl of ice cream at 3.40am! Haha, pregnancy does funny things to us women!

I had this with my son. I thought it was my waters but when I went to the hospital, they said it was my show. I also had blood mixed with this. But it continued to leak like relatively heavily for a good few hours (my contractions started about an hour after this first happened). The hospital sent me back home saying it was just my show, but when I went back a few hours later, they told me my waters had gone. I had no gush so I can only assume it was my show that then turned into my waters, or it was my waters slowly leaking. My son was born about 17 hours after this first happened so it could be a good sign! And on your due date as well! Good luck! xxx

Lol the sad part is I haven't even been to bed yet! Well nothing else is happening so far and the midwife still hasn't called back so I think it was probably just my show. :( Darn it, I was getting excited! Oh well, at least maybe I can get some sleep (and ice cream). ;)

I feel like a total dork because I woke up totally sweaty especially all of me under the covers like my legs and down there so at first I though ohhh my water broke, it didn't register that I was sweating til a second later..but I was wearing a pad(since I've been spotting) and it wasn't wet at all so I was like ohhhh yeah I'm just a hot mess. Here is to hoping!

Ice cream sounds amazing right now!

The same thing happens to me on a daily basis! I don't know why, but for some reason I wake up every day with a very sweaty crotch and sweaty feet lol.

My midwife finally called back and basically said it could be either my water, my show, or just pregnancy discharge and it's up to me if I want to go to the hospital or not. Lol ok?? :confused: Not exactly the answer I was looking for... Since I'm still not contracting at all I'll just go to sleep, or at least try to.

I hope you are able to sleep well. I feel like lately I have never been more confused about my body. Normally I feel really intune to how I'm feeling and what's going on...but the baby has totally hijacked all that...I guess especially since I'm a ftm and all this is new, it's hard to judge what's going on.

Sounds like what I had when I had a hind water leak. Lie down for 30 minutes and if more fluid comes out when you get up I'd say its definitely your waters! Good luck!

I hope you are able to sleep well. I feel like lately I have never been more confused about my body. Normally I feel really intune to how I'm feeling and what's going on...but the baby has totally hijacked all that...I guess especially since I'm a ftm and all this is new, it's hard to judge what's going on.

Same here! :roll:

Sounds like what I had when I had a hind water leak. Lie down for 30 minutes and if more fluid comes out when you get up I'd say its definitely your waters! Good luck!

I did this. :) I was laying in bed talking to my midwife on the phone and when I got back up a little more leaked out. It was the same watery, bloody liquid (like a pink color) but only a very small bit. That was about 45 minutes ago. I'm laying back down now and haven't felt anything else yet. Gahhh I wish I knew what was going on in there!

I'm afraid to google "hind water leak". Is it a bad thing? :(

Oooooh i'd say its your waters for sure then! Mine was the same, watery pinkish fluish and only leaking out in small amounts. I went in, it was around 9pm, they confirmed it was a water leak and said I would be induced the next morning. Except contractions started at 11pm, 6 hours after I had first noticed the leak. The rest of the waters went about 30 minutes before she was born.

No, its not bad! Its a bit of water behind the baby's head. The rest of the waters are 'plugged' by the pressure of the baby's head.

Hmmm this makes me wonder because I've been spotting pink since Fri mirning and it's been a constant and I feel it drip out at times but no serious contractions. Just a ton of sporadic BH that last all day...but I've been feeling those since last Sunday.

Oooooh i'd say its your waters for sure then! Mine was the same, watery pinkish fluish and only leaking out in small amounts. I went in, it was around 9pm, they confirmed it was a water leak and said I would be induced the next morning. Except contractions started at 11pm, 6 hours after I had first noticed the leak. The rest of the waters went about 30 minutes before she was born.

Ohhhh I hope this is it!

Hmmm this makes me wonder because I've been spotting pink since Fri mirning and it's been a constant and I feel it drip out at times but no serious contractions. Just a ton of sporadic BH that last all day...but I've been feeling those since last Sunday.

Maybe so! For me it's not really spotting, more like dribbling or a leak, if that makes any sense lol. Almost as if I keep peeing myself but it's def not pee!

No, its not bad! Its a bit of water behind the baby's head. The rest of the waters are 'plugged' by the pressure of the baby's head.

That's exactly what my midwife said. :) So the baby isn't suffocating or anything without the water? (Lol sorry I'm a FTM so I'm clueless!)

haha no! Are you going to go in or wait a bit longer?

Ooooh it all sounds very positive. :happydance: If you have no pain, maybe try and get a few hours sleep, (if you're not too excited) hopefully you're gonna need it.

Hopefully those contractions will start soon for you but definitely try and get some rest in the meantime, you could very well need it! It definitely sounds like the same as I had with my waters. It happened to me when I got up in the night to pee. I finished peeing but something else was still coming out. It was like a clear water, but thicker than water, so almost dischargey if that makes sense. Then I started bleeding with it. I had these maternity pads that I used while this was happening and I had to change it fairly regularly until it stopped. So I definitely think it could be a good sign for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->