Water-Drinking Pregnant Woman Asked to Leave Bar

didnt say i was.. but it clearly states in the article that she wasnt planning on DRINKING! They had NO right to kick her out just because she was pregnant. I didnt point you out as an individual so i would prefer if you would do the same and not point out me out just because i have a different opinion on the matter and then asking if I was there...when under my name it clearly states im in ID and not in Illinois and btw, no need to be rude. I was stating MY opinion.

Sorry but if you are going to clearly state a bold remarke like
Were you there? did you see it happen? no.
then you can not be annoyed when someone asks it back and returns the sentiment behind the remark.

You can not help but single someone out when it is a direct reply to them, as for stating its your matter of oppinion that is what everyone here is doing also, no single person has the right to an oppinion with it being questioned or remarked upon.
None of us are above that so there realy isnt a need to be rude to someone who asks you the same thing you asked yourself.
I wasnt being rude or at least not trying to be. All I stated was my opinion on the matter. I never even said I was "above" everyone else like you said. All I said was that just because someone IS pregnant, doesnt give someone a right to discriminate against them. Point said.

didnt say i was.. but it clearly states in the article that she wasnt planning on DRINKING! They had NO right to kick her out just because she was pregnant. I didnt point you out as an individual so i would prefer if you would do the same and not point out me out just because i have a different opinion on the matter and then asking if I was there...when under my name it clearly states im in ID and not in Illinois and btw, no need to be rude. I was stating MY opinion.

then you can not be annoyed when someone asks it back and returns the sentiment behind the remark.

You can not help but single someone out when it is a direct reply to them, as for stating its your matter of oppinion that is what everyone here is doing also, no single person has the right to an oppinion with it being questioned or remarked upon.
None of us are above that so there realy isnt a need to be rude to someone who asks you the same thing you asked yourself.
I wasnt being rude or at least not trying to be. All I stated was my opinion on the matter. I never even said I was "above" everyone else like you said. All I said was that just because someone IS pregnant, doesnt give someone a right to discriminate against them. Point said.

That by all means is fair enough but that isnt all you said, you where having a go at someone for asking the same thing you where (even if yours was ment rhetorical)

Everyone here was having a matter of oppinion and your post did come across as personnel that yours wasnt agreed with

That by all means is fair enough but that isnt all you said, you where having a go at someone for asking the same thing you where (even if yours was ment rhetorical)

Everyone here was having a matter of oppinion and your post did come across as personnel that yours wasnt agreed with
To be perfectly honest, I really don't care either way if someone agrees with my opinion or not. I just felt like she was saying it to be rude because those two words in itself to just my statement seems a little rude when my statement wasnt meant to be rude, just a matter of a opinion. Even though i asked a rhetorical question in my statement...i wasnt pointing a specific person out and i felt like she just said it to be rude

I feel, personally, that if the woman did indeed feel that she was being discriminated against because they didn't want "fat, ugly" pregnant women at their club, it's her own hang-ups clouding her view of the bouncer's intentions. He said he wanted to keep her safe, and it's more likely that he was being honest in his intentions than he was actually trying to keep up the hotness quotient in the bar.

People are discriminated against for their looks all the time at exclusive night clubs (and no one ends up suing for it); this was a bar, not that kind of club. Being pregnant doesn't really grant a woman rights to freak out and sue because someone made her feel ugly. :shrug: I still understand that she was upset; I still don't agree with her taking it to court.

Smoking is not allowed in a lot of states but people still do it. Let's face it, people drink and than they smoke. My aunt and uncle own a bar in the state of Ohio where it is also illegal to smoke in a bar. But it isn't enforced. I'm not saying this bar is the same but just throwing that out there. :haha:
Smoking is not allowed in Bars and Pubs here and actually nobody does it. The pub owner gets a hefty fine if it s known (hefty= 10000€) in that range. If a pregnant woman was to go in pub and having a glass of water and a slice of Pizza it is her right to do so.

We don't know what kind of bar it was. It probably wasn't a pub. In North America, a bar usually means like a club with heavy drinking and some food. I don't think most people go to the "bar" here for food. A pub yes, but a bar...its usually food you eat when you are drunk and starving lol

We don't know what kind of bar it was. It probably wasn't a pub. In North America, a bar usually means like a club with heavy drinking and some food. I don't think most people go to the "bar" here for food. A pub yes, but a bar...its usually food you eat when you are drunk and starving lol

I've looked the place up; it has a really rough reputation. It's not even well-known as a restaurant; its' open until 4 am and reputedly full of shady characters, fights breaking out all the time, seriously heavy drinking. It's a combination night club/corner bar- I know full well what those places are like! :) Spend too much time myself in the working-class 'club on the corner' places- in Illinois as well where this place is- and I've seen people get glassed, beaten bloody, dragged out unconscious drunk, smashing into cars driving out of the parking lot, and a few months ago there was a shooting at my old haunt.

I've looked the place up; it has a really rough reputation. It's not even well-known as a restaurant; its' open until 4 am and reputedly full of shady characters, fights breaking out all the time, seriously heavy drinking. It's a combination night club/corner bar- I know full well what those places are like! :) Spend too much time myself in the working-class 'club on the corner' places- in Illinois as well where this place is- and I've seen people get glassed, beaten bloody, dragged out unconscious drunk, smashing into cars driving out of the parking lot, and a few months ago there was a shooting at my old haunt.

Sorry I know this is a bit off topic but my ex boss told me he used to work in bars America alot, mostly New York and he told me one place had the general rule of the bar doesnt close unless a second shot is fired.
I always thought he was wacko but does that sort of thing happen often then?

Sorry I know this is a bit off topic but my ex boss told me he used to work in bars America alot, mostly New York and he told me one place had the general rule of the bar doesnt close unless a second shot is fired.
I always thought he was wacko but does that sort of thing happen often then?

It depends where you are; I've never been to a club in NYC and honestly I'm not keen to visit one. :haha: In Milwaukee, in the rough neighborhoods, nightclub shootings are sadly pretty common; if there's an 'incident' the bouncers will usually clear everyone out for the night but they're back open the next if the cops allow it.

:lol:

I just picture a pub like on Corrie Street :rofl:
We have pubs here but yeah, a bar, is more violent because its a place to get drunk and hook up and dance.

Its definitely enforced around here. NO smoking in any public place, even outdoor malls. I dunno, I felt awkward when I went to that bar with my OH when I was 8 months pregnant, even tho all I was having was water, it was just kinda weird.

I used to smoke all the time in Oakbrook Mall lol is it banned there now???

I'm not totally sure, I live by Chicago Premium Outlets and your not supposed to smoke by the stores, just at the main entrances to the mall.

In the reviews it also says its a nice family restaurant...Roselle isn't exactly a dangerous place, the crime rates are low, and I don't think the place is just a dingy wild bar, its probably a restaurant WITH a bar, it might be a bit more wild at night, but that can happen at any public place that serves liquor really, and I am sure the bouncer was just looking out for her, but I don't think it was right to ask her to leave, he should have just warned her that it might get a bit wild, but its also a bit ridiculous for her to sue.

tbh i think if it was a crowded bar or a club, then they did the right thing! the place i used to go to all the time, it was packed and u could catch an elbow in the bump very easily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->