Water leak after bath ?? sorry if TMI !

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Vix79, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Vix79

Vix79 Well-Known Member

Last night, about half an hour after I got out of the bath I had a small gush of water as I sat down on the bed. I immediately thought it was my waters breaking and called my M/W for advice. She said it was probably bath water that had got trapped (!) and then leaked out. She told me to put a pad on and if it was dry in an hour then it wasn't my waters. I've had a pad on all night and this morning and it is still dry, but was just wondering whether anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks.

2. Laurn82

Laurn82 Well-Known Member

Yep, I have this all the time after my baths since about 28 weeks. I remember oh pointing it out to me when i stood up from bed and there was a big wet patch. He thought waters had gone and started to panic! Nothing wrong with checking it out with mw though! x

3. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

i dont get how the bath water ends up getting trapped hahaha
    but yes this has happened to me aswell xx

4. Pinkfly

Pinkfly Mum of 2 boys & Pink bump

yup me too even before pregnancy i think....

5. Laurn82

Laurn82 Well-Known Member

I think it is something to do with everything down there 'stretching' and 'opening' ready for giving birth. Much more space for water to get 'trapped'!!! How lovely pregnancy is! xxx

6. Vix79

Vix79 Well-Known Member

I read earlier something about the cervix being a lot more absorbent towards the end of pregnancy, which sounds a bit strange but might explain it! Yes, there's certainly a lot of joys of being pregnant, particularly towards the end that I had no idea were heading my way 8 months ago!!!