Waters broke at 10.20pm last night

pk2011

Reaction score
First time parents to be.

First time dad posting.

Wife's waters broke at 10pm last night. Contractions at 6mins but fluctuating from 6 to 8. Last about 1 min. She is in alot of pain (esp back).
Nton hospital wont accept anyone until 3 mins and they have been regular for 30 mins.

Any thoughts to quicken the process. she just wants to get to the hospital and relieve the pain. Feel very helpless as a husband knowing I can not take away or share ther pain.

Also any advice on using a birthing pool at the hospital?

And whats the best position in labour?

sorry so many questions

now just gone to 8 mins apart????

Hi, I'm sorry but I have no advice about the hospital"s policy, but if she is really not coping. You could ring them back and tell them you are worried and she is not coping with pain. Maybe they will advise you as to what can be done.

No experience with water births.

For me I found a birthing ball good to rock on while I was getting contractions and my Husband would rub my lower back. Moving around really helps in between too.

Good luck

Ball is doing the trick. she is absolutely exhausted and the "big push" is still to come. not eating either. so no energy.
Is standing up the best position for labour?

I had a back labour, the only thing that helped for me was standing behind a chair and leaning over it while rotating my hips. Between the contractions my hubby rubbed my back, but I didn't want to be touched during the contraction. Remind her to breathe through the contractions, which I found hard to do until a nurse said to me "you need to breathe so your baby gets oxygen". Maybe offer to run a bath for her. Also make sure she is drinking lots of water, don't let her get dehydrated. Other than that do what she asks for and tell her you love her and she is going a good job.

Sounds like her baby could currently be posterior. Those are def. characteristics of a posterior birth (your baby could turn anterior though, so dont worry. And even if baby does stay that way, its still possible! I delivered my son and he was posterior). Anways. I found standing to be the best. And the shower. Try to get her to move her hips in figure 8s from side to side. Being on hands and knees will give her a lot of relief. If it is back labor (which it sounds like) then laying down and sitting is probably going to hurt. Just keep trying different positions.

How is she doing? Whats the update? Get some ice water (or OJ to keep her sugar levels up), put a straw in the cup and make sure she is drinking after every conraction. Also offer her some food to eat. Its important she keeps her caloric intake while birthing. best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->