Waters broke at 24+6

Hey hun are you in the US by chance? In NC perhaps? I am asking because I am wondering if you are going to go to UNC women's hospital in chapel hill?

Sorry for asking, just the area I live in has the same county name.

Hey Hun. I am in the UK in a place called Durham...crazy that we live in the same place just different counties :) xx

By way of an update:

God news is that I am now 27+6 and baby is still in residence!! Very pleased. I had a meeting with my consultant yesterday and had all of my questions finally answered. She advised me that as well as I was doing that I should not expect to 34 weeks as most PPROM go into labour before then. So it really is just a waiting game now.
We had a tour of the Special Care Baby Unit which was quite overwhelming and very emotional but I feel better now that we know where will baby will going and what to expect. The nurses were absolutely lovely...takes a special kind of a person to work in those units and I was not disappointed with them. I will feel vey safe having my baby in their care.

So, no sign of infection and baby seems happy for how. Had a massive leak on Sunday where I ended up soaked and I thought our time had come...but we're still here!

Net goal...30 weeks. Hope everyone is well and thank you for your kind words and thoughts xx

Brilliant update!! Been anxiously checking in, great you are still pregnant and baby is doing great. Oh I feel for you with the gushes, it's awful, I had about 3 massive wet your clothes and the bed moments and thought 'this is it', but it wasn't. When I actually went into labour I didn't loose my waters until on the way to hospital, I just started contracting. I remember thinking 'wow, after leaking for so long I'm surprised how much fluid is left in there'. I was to be induced at 34 weeks but didn't make it either. But we did amazingly and so are you. Its initially so scary but you're hitting so many milestones now. I hope you can keep going. My ultimate milestone was 30 weeks, anything after for me was a bonus. Thinking of you :hugs: Oh, and so glad you've looked around Nicu. It's scary at first but you soon grow accustomed to all the beeps and machines. And the nurses are angels. Baby will be very well looked after xxx

Wow time has flown by and its great to hear your update!

By way of an update:

God news is that I am now 27+6 and baby is still in residence!! Very pleased. I had a meeting with my consultant yesterday and had all of my questions finally answered. She advised me that as well as I was doing that I should not expect to 34 weeks as most PPROM go into labour before then. So it really is just a waiting game now.
We had a tour of the Special Care Baby Unit which was quite overwhelming and very emotional but I feel better now that we know where will baby will going and what to expect. The nurses were absolutely lovely...takes a special kind of a person to work in those units and I was not disappointed with them. I will feel vey safe having my baby in their care.

So, no sign of infection and baby seems happy for how. Had a massive leak on Sunday where I ended up soaked and I thought our time had come...but we're still here!

Net goal...30 weeks. Hope everyone is well and thank you for your kind words and thoughts xx

That is so amazing to hear! I am so happy everything is still going good. I am going to keep you in my thoughts and fingers crossed that you will reach your goal. Please make sure to keep us updated.

Brilliant news about baby staying put. 30 weeks is a good goal, that starts to sound that your near the end at that point x

Lovely to hear your still pregnant and baby is still cooking..:happydance:
Keep us updated xxx

Yeah, I would like to know the same thing as the PP!

Hello lovely ladies,
Thanks so much for caring and asking.
My little baby boy met the world 2 days ago on 11.11.14 after 29+6 days inside Mammy! He was born by emergency c section weighing a very respectable 3lb 5ozs.
I caught an infection on Monday and his little heart rate kept dropping so they transferred me hospitals and delivered him straight away. He didn't want to come out in the end and had to be forcepped out. I had been put to sleep as the risk of infection was too high for a spinal so I didn't see any of the birth but my poor partner witnessed the 3 paed docs being rushed in to spend 20 mins resuscitating our beautiful boy! Fortunately he had enough fight in him to make it.
The last 2 days have been an emotional rollercoaster. I cried all day yesterday. I missed my little girl so much, I was exhausted, very sore and very sad. And then today has been the opposite. My little girl met her little bro and I got my first cuddle. His name is Archie Jospeh and he is doing Brilliantly. He is off the ventilator and on CPAP. Today I changed his nappy and did his cares and the nurses are vey pleased with him.
There are no guarantees of what the future brings but we are ever hopeful that he will be ok. I can't pretend that I'm not terrified. I'm trying to be positive and today was a good day so I will take strength from that. They say that NICU is highs and lows, good days and bad days. I guess we will see. Thank you all for your kind words of support when I really needed them xxxx

image.jpg

You look beautiful sweetie and so does your darling little boy. I know all about the NICU, my little girl is still in there born at 27+6 weeks. She just recently got off of the CPAP a day ago at 33 weeks gestation.

The NICU can be a scary place, especially since all you want to do is take your darling baby home. It is really good that he has not needed much extra oxygen. I will for sure be following your post and keeping both you and your little boy in my thoughts. If you ever need someone to talk to about this don't be afraid to send me a message.

I had a tear in my eye reading your post.
Congratulations, he is obviously a fighter. Poor little man.. He was obviously curled up in their very comfy.
Thinking of you x

Congrats again. What a beautiful little fighter he is. I can't imagine the emotional rollacoaster you've been on recently, just remember that you need to look after yourself aswel, as your two beautiful babies need their mumma. :)

You have a long road ahead of you hun and yes there will be bad days, days where you think you just can't go on. But stay strong because there are so many good days too and before long your precious boy will be home where he belongs.
He is a great weight to start him off and to be on cpap from vent already is great so fingers crossed he stays strong.
The picture of you holding him brings a tear to my eye, just beautiful.
Please keep us updated if you get chance.
Hugs to you all xxx

Oh a million congratulations, he is beautiful and is doing so well. What a fighting spirit he has, and an amazing weight! You will have up and down days, even hours, but one step at a time and so far he sounds to be doing well. We're here for you as and when you need us. Thinking of you sweetie xxxx

Congratulations.
I hope your wee man has an uneventful nicu stay. Prayers going his way.
nicu is hard on mums and dads so lots of hugs for you too.
xx

Congratulations hun. Beautiful boy. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->