Waters broken but no contractions :(

faun

Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl
Reaction score
My waters went at 4:30 this morning and have been trickling ever since but no contractions i have 24 hours before they want me induced. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting things moving?

i think baths and sex are out. So spicy food,walkin,goin up and down stairs,bouncing on ball. Good luck your gonna be meetin your baby soon x

Walk around briskly, if you need to sit then bounce on an exercise ball, drink plenty of fluids (dehydration is the enemy of contractions) keep as upright as possible and let the weight of the baby press on your cervix. However don't exhaust yourself - you'll need that energy.

Thanks ladies and its interesting about hydration and contractions i didn't know that :thumbup:

nor me. Will keep up the drinking. My waters went with my 1st and had no contractions but she was breach so had a section. Im a little jealous hehe hope it starts quick x

Good luck I hope you dont have to wait to long :hugs:

This happened to me with dd!!! Get upright and walking. Actually you don't have to be induced after 24 hours have elapsed!!! The NICE guidelines state baby must be in your arms after 72 hours after waters breaking!! So please don't feel under pressure. They wanted to induce me even though contractions started 24 hrs later, but I said no but happily consented to fetal hb monitoring and iv anti biotics for me (as precaution) baby's signs were absolutely fine no distress etc and had a nice straightforward birth.

Just wanted to add a post in case you felt under pressure :) xx

That interesting to know Freya thanks!! Sorry I have no tips as a first timer......

Good luck with getting things going, you'll have your lil baby in your arms - exciting! x

This happened with my 1st and I'm positive walking walking walking would have worked, had I not been crippled by SPD :haha: My waters broke at 7pm on the Saturday night and I wasn't induced until Tuesday morning (hospital recommended, not me, I wanted induced 1st time I went after they broke lol) and I was holding my son 72 hours and 21 minutes after my waters broke and he was perfect :cloud9:

I hope it all starts soon for you! xxxxx

oh good luck you gonna meet you baby soon

Thanks ladies and its interesting about hydration and contractions i didn't know that :thumbup:

Yep my contractions basically stopped when I was 9cm so they gave me IV saline 1litre and it started them right back up again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->