Waters leaking or something else?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I'm only 1 day off being in 3rd trimester so I thought I'd post here. Im a complete novice when it comes to waters breaking as even though I have 2 kids already, they've never gone on their own.

For the past few days my BH have ramped up to the point they cause a few period like pains now where as they were completely painless, and the last 2 days I've been leaking something strange. It's not urine as it doesn't smell and im sure its not just the usual pregnancy discharge as it's too watery. It's not a lot in one go, its more of when I stand up, and half the time I don't notice until a bit later when I actually notice that the outside of my trousers are wet! Almost like I have peed but not to that extent.

It's really hard to explain what going on so I have no chance explaining it to a midwife lol since this has happened the BH are worse and in scared of going into labour early again!

Any advice from people that knows what their talking about?

I forgot to add I had a scan on Wednesday which showed my amniotic fluid levels to be around 16 something which they were happy about and checked all pools of fluid, not sure that makes a difference in what is actually leaking from me?

I had this.. I thought my waters where trickling as my underwear was very wet.. to wet for discharge.. the hospital told me to put a pad on and if in an hour it was wet to go down to them. Well it was very wet.. I had an internal done my cervix was closed they took a swap and checked if it was my waters but it wasn't.. when I was getting the swab I had to cough and she could see it trickling (sorry tmi) they just put it down as very bad as in alot of discharge.. it wasn't infected and I still get bad episodes of it every now and again.. baby is fine and I have loads of fluid around the baby..

Try putting a panty liner or pad on and if it is wet I would call the hospital if you are worried

Thanks hun I had to have that done with my son to check waters but turned out it was wee that time Haha that's why i was more worried this time as it is definitely not urine and too much to be just the usual discharge, I've put a pantyliner on and I'll see how it goes

I had the same thing happened to me at least like 5 times when I was pregnant!
Every time I went to the maternity unit at the hospital, they checked it wasn't. But it wasn't urine and it didn't feel like discharge, hence why I was so worried. But it was fine! I just had an insane amount of discharge (TMI).

They would also tell me to do the trick - but they told me to put paper towel, and wait an hour and check. If it's amniotic fluid it will have no odor, and it should be clear (sometimes lightly tinged) but also there would be quite a bit. Another trick is to do kegels like contract your pelvic floor - if you see nothings comes out, it was probably urine then!

I was a bit scared to go and get checked just incase it was just urine and when I got checked with my son they made me feel so stupid and embarrassed! It's not my fault I've ever experienced my waters going or trickling or anything in my 2 previous pregnancies so this time I'd want to be certain! I ended up taking the panty liner off after 30 mins and it was damp, so i put a pair of light underwear on and almost instantly after putting them on I felt a bit wet, I checked and there's what looks like drops of water, i must be like a leaky tap right now, definitely keeping an eye for the rest of the day

I'm sorry they made you feel so crappy... my doctors were always like, better safe than sorry! Anytime I expressed feeling a bit silly... He was my first baby so I didn't know what it was like either. Although, I got to experience 5L of fluid leaking out of me when my water broke so NOW I KNOW haha.

I had what you're describing right now (and couldn't believe it was discharge because there was just so freaking much). I'd say keep an eye out, but if you're really worried, it's best to go check. Hopefully the staff will be nicer than during your previous experience... (which was completely uncalled for - as if we're supposed to know what something we've never had feels like. I did have one rude nurse when I thought I was having contractions at 32 weeks and she was like well does it feel like a contraction? LADY I TOLD YOU ITS MY FIRST BABY HOW WOULD I KNOW???).

:hugs:

Oh my God I know!!! They can make you feel so rubbish! Even now being ky 3rd baby there's things going on that I don't know, we don't know it all, they are supposed to know it all the least they can do is to make us feel safe and not that we should have got our degree in midwifery to even contemplate being pregnant! They made me feel stupid the other day when I had a scan after having 2 episodes of reduced movements, the sonographer was like... awwww your only 26 weeks way to early to be worrying about movements, I said look I've been having regular movements since 17 weeks I KNOW what I'm looking out for, she was so patronizing and after the scan she said, yes I can see you've got good movements I can see and feel them. THANK YOU! I wasn't lying! Hah

Still very much watery down there (I just checked) not great when you combine the Braxton hicks every 5 minutes and pressure! I'm like a mad woman... feeling down there and sniffing, honestly this is turned me into a psychopath!

Hi hon
Please go get checked out just to be sure.
My waters leaked and it took me while to realise what it was. I heard a loud pop then was constantly needing to pee and every time I went to the bathroom I had to change my panty liner because it was damp almost to the point of being wet from front to back. I had to change It every half hour then the contractions started then I had the bloody show. But I was 40 weeks and it was the start of labour.
It does have a small to it it smells sweet and nothing like urine.

But with this pregnancy I keep having little leakages but it is urine because it smells like urine.

Go get checked out hon dont leave it. If ure waters are trickling they can prob do something to stop u going into labour. Ure to early yet hon please please dont just leave it to chance.
I'd be up there in a heartbeat if it was me.
Really hope ure ok

I'd go get checked to be on the safe side. My mom was just telling me when she was 33 weeks she was leaking slightly for a couple days and knew it wasn't urine as it was clear and odorless but was naive at the time and just let it go until her next OB appointment, luckily just a couple days later. They immediately admitted her to the hospital as it was a slow amniotic fluid leak and she went into labor naturally that night. Turned out okay though as I was the result of that pregnancy.

Oh gosh Teanna! Glad you got here safely then after that! And thanks for the advice, I didn't get seen after I feel like it did slow down to then stop by the evening, I find when I'm having a bad case of Braxton hicks coming pretty regularly, I start leaking and I have no idea why, maybe the contractions are pushing some excess fluid out of me lol I'll get through this weekend keeping an eye and I have a midwife appointment on Monday I'll bring it up with her then as I need to ask about these bloody Braxton hicks anyway, I can't relax half the time they are always there, even when stood up and walking around which has never happened before

I would go and get checked out for reassurance and to be on the safe side.

I would go and get checked out for reassurance and to be on the safe side.

Thanks love, it does seem to have stopped now and the Braxton hicks are giving me a break for a change. I'll be keeping an eye over the weekend. I'm working all day tomorrow so if anything will trigger that or the BH it will be being on my feet all day and I'll get checked x

I'm glad it's stopped. Definitely go in if it starts back up though <3

How u doing now hon. What did ure midwife say. X

I'm doing fine thank you, still getting a few of these weird leaks but it's not consistent enough for me to think it's my waters, maybe I am just silently peeing :( I forgot to ask my midwife as well I'm useless! But everything seems to be okay at the moment

I'm doing fine thank you, still getting a few of these weird leaks but it's not consistent enough for me to think it's my waters, maybe I am just silently peeing :( I forgot to ask my midwife as well I'm useless! But everything seems to be okay at the moment

It's ok hon. I keep getting little bits of pee come out. Even just sitting up in bed and I feel it. Its embarrassing but all very normol. It's the presure of the baby on ure bladder.
I think ure be absolutely fine hon but just keep an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->