Waters leaking question...

stomp110

Reaction score
What would happen if my waters were leaking but I didn't pick up on it and thought it was pee or very watery discharge?
And contractions didn't start? X

i was wondering this too as my discharge seems very watery and didnt know if it was waters leaking

ive been getting watery discharge today too so would be interested to find out too. x

i do worry about this as i did have reduced waters in my 1st pregnancy. but that wasnt because they were leaking, apparently they can reduce but can also replenish themselves?

Anyway back to the question my sis had leaking waters when she was pg but it was a constant trickle that would dribble down her leg and it dosent have a smell like wee does so you would be able to rule out peeing yourself.

I had this in my 1st pregnancy it started at about 20 weeks but I had no idea what it was I only found out when was taken in to hospital with braxton hicks they checked me and told me my waters were leaking I was kept in put on antibiotics steroids and induced at 34 weeks was not allowed to bath only shower I was lucky I didnt get an infection so if any doubt get checked out

:) quiet Scarey though... Must ask the midwife when I next see her just to double check z

I thought this was happening to me so I asked midwife, She said you would feel wet down there all the time even if it was just dribbling out. I am sure I have also read that the body continues to make amniotic fluid until delivery.

If you are concerned though ring midwife/labour ward to get checked out.

someone told me you can get sanitary towels that detect amniotic fluid....hang on will see if I can see them.

https://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/acatalog/Amniotic_Fluid_leak_test.html

I think it was crazy how I didnt know tbh in my defence I was only a teen my first baby I did actually ask a gp and they looked and said just normal lol without checking me out

very exspensive for 20.. bloody hell much cheaper to keep pesterning the midwife and labour ward haha!!

i was thinking this last night,,,as i have watery discharge from time to time

the midwife told me the discharge is totally normal and increases the closer you get to keep the VJ lubricated...I tried not to think too hard about why that is a good thing as my eyes started to water....

the midwife told me the discharge is totally normal and increases the closer you get to keep the VJ lubricated...I tried not to think too hard about why that is a good thing as my eyes started to water....
id sooner try a tube of KY then deal with the CM mess lol!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->