Waters Lost at 29 Weeks???

xxsteffyxx

Single Momma
Reaction score
I have contacted midwife already about this and she is saying head down to L+D right now, truth is I want to wait for Chris to get home at 3.3o (1hr) before I go anywhere.

Last night I had a little appetite, we went out for my birthday meal with a few friends and I didn't feel myself anyway. I then needed to go to the loo, so walked off, when I got into the loo had a wee and stood up and lost some fluid... it wasn't loads, but... I had no control over it. Fortunetly for me I had been leaking before and put a pad on, and

TMI

*sniffed it to make sure it wasn't urine*

It definetly wasn't. No smell, just water. Clear fluid.

Can someone please tell me if this has happened to them and bubs has been okay??? Little nervous now x

First of all DO NOT wait until your OH gets home. Get to the hospital now :) If it definately is your waters then the quicker something is done the better for your baby!

Babies are born all the time at 29 weeks and survive but please go to the hospital now x x

could be just some discharge. As you progress into later pregnancy you ought to have wetter discharge...happens to me now, i cannot walk without a pad on as i feel like i've peed myself all the time if i wasnt with the pad. If u'd loose your water they'd smell a bit, but if there's no smell i'd say just a normal discharge. But check yourself out if you're worried :)

I def. get more watery type of discharge, however not in gushes. If it is your water it will continue to leake. So maybe try to relax and see if it is just discharge. Gl xx

hope all is well! Please keep us posted!

I too would say to go to L&D now, just to be on the safe side. x

Really hope that it is not your waters. I'd go straight in though if that's what they've advised. Let us know how you get on. I'm thinking that it could be discharge too. Have you lost any more fluid?

I've been getting watery discharge, but only ever in tiny dribbles. Hope you got checked out and all is well xx

Bizare thing is, I didn't get checked, but now I am having chronic back pain. If it gets worse going to head up to L&D but Harvey seems happy enough to kick away, so... hmmm... we shall see?

Seriously hun go and get checked out esp with the back pain!!!:hugs:

You need to get checked hun, ya really can't mess with this stuff.. Get your OH to meet you there. Hope it's not your waters & all is well x

Hope all is well! If your midwife advised to go to L&D I would go.

Good luck!

totally agree. better to go and be told its nothing than to take the risk.

If u'd loose your water they'd smell a bit, but if there's no smell i'd say just a normal discharge. But check yourself out if you're worried

If u'd loose your water they'd smell a bit, but if there's no smell i'd say just a normal discharge. But check yourself out if you're worried

You got that backward lol - Discharge smells, amniotic fluid doesn't

I so hope you've gone up... I had my bubby at 29 weeks and if you don't get to the hospital, there is much more of a chance of losing the little one... Esp since prem labour can go REALLY quick!

Well I went, and I am glad I did... so thank you ladies :)

- It wasn't my waters, they were intact and my cervix was closed. But what they did find was that lil Harvey was in a little bit of distress and he had turned in the womb and was laying on my spine and pelvis. It wasn't quite a SPD diagnosis, but whilst Harvey's heartbeat is raised I need to be under close watch to make sure he stays happy.

So in a few days I will be back again to have another monitor to check lil Harvey's heartbeat and see if it has gone down.

Midwife seems to think it is a UTI infection which again needs to be monitured because of the risk of pre-term labour attached to UTI infection.

- so we shall see.

I have to count Harvey's kicks, and if he stops moving for more then 4 hours I need to contact L&D immediatly...

Really glad to hear it wasn't your waters and that they have a close eye on you! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->