WDYT of this made-up name???

JViti

*Autism Mommy*
Reaction score
So, hubbie and I arent preggo yet, we are in the process of doing IVF, so were just talking about some names. Our boys name is pretty normal...

Andrew Brady Vitiello (Brady is a family name)

And the girls name I like is one I made up. It combines my 2 fave name traits...I love the nn Lexi, and I love names ending in -ana. So...

Alexiana Hope Vitiello (Hope has meaning to us)

I have heard conflicting things about it.

Family isnt too sure about it because they cant go into a store and buy a placemat with her name on it (they could find one that says Lexi tho).

Hubbie is a little iffy because its not a common name at all. and hes worried about teasing. (not sure how it can be teased but whatever).

A few other people like it because of its uniqueness, same reason I like it, and that it sounds like it could be a common name because of the -ana and Lexi. (growing up with a common as hell fad name, Jennifer, I feel like I dont want her to have such a common name...it just makes you feel like everyone else, and girls like to be individuals...guys dont care lol, which is why Andrew is ok with me and hubbie, its also hubbies middle name)

A couple other people told me to lose the 'A' and have it be Lexiana. I think that sounds too weird and it wouldnt be able to sound like a common name. IDK. What do you guys think???

Also, big brother is Anthony James Vitiello.

It's ok in my opinion. But I don't feel like the fact that her actual name is alexiana instead of Alexandra, Alexis or Alexa will make her being called Lexi Any more rare. If you are worried about her name being unique. For example would you have felt much different if you had been named Jenna vs Jennifer ?

I actually would have preferred Jenna. Only because growing up, it was always "OK, you are Jennifer H, she is Jennifer G, she is Jennifer L" or "We'll call you Jennifer, shes Jenn, and shes Jenny." or "Your young Jenn, shes old Jenn, and shes preggo Jenn." At least with her, she could always just be called Alexiana. We would call her Lexi at home, but her friends would decide what to call her themselves. If she happens to be friends with an Alexandra and an Alexa, she would still have her own name. For nicknames, although we would call her Lexi, she could use Ally, Alex, Lexi, Lexia or Ana. But she would still have her own name.

If I were a Jenna, even tho my nn would still be Jenn, people would have probably called me Jenna, my actual name, to distinguish me from others instead of using my last initial or adjectives to pick me out. It would have been less confusion.

I do see what your saying tho.

I really like it!! I do see the point PP made about her still being one of 3 Lexi's in a class, for example, but then again I honestly don't think Lexi in itself is a very popular name...Not in my area anyways (CT).

I was also going to suggest losing the A to make it Lexiana but then it doesn't flow as nicely, and it seems obvious that you like A names, so why not keep the A!!

I love it! It's def made up but I have considered this name too! I like to play with names and I think many can go well with "-ana." I also have Kayliana on my list! I like the idea of more common nn's like Lexi or Kayli but having a longer variation to be more unique! Another example is Abriella - I considered this rather than Abigail - and would use the nn "Abby."

I think Anthony, Andrew, and Alexiana is perfect! :thumbup:

I love it, but my daughter is Alexia so very similar. It's not a made up name though, as far as I know it's German and means happy angel. I was considering it for my LO :flower:

I think it's pretty! And unique in a good way (still easy to pronounce, spell.)

My husband has a very unique name but with a very common nickname and he loves his name! So I wouldn't let the Lexi thing turn you off. And as you said, she can always use her full name or a different nickname if she prefers.

I think its really pretty. Buying a placemat is overrated, my DD was born 12 weeks early when we hadn't really discussed names, and had to decide very fast. As a result we went with a far too common name and I'm dreading calling 'Grace' in the playground and 20 kids coming running over!

I think its fab :) We chose plain Alex for our daughter, not so common for girls, its normally a nickname. So you can see why I like yours :)

I like it :). I googled and it seems to be a recognised name, if that makes a difference to you!

I am not a fan of the make up your own name trend…. sorry just NMS.

Honestly? I love it! It has so many great nickname options in case she prefers something else when she's older, and she has a nice different full name when she wants to use that to distinguish herself or in a professional setting. :thumbup:

I was one of many many Nicole's and it was always which spelling of Niki we went with lol. I was Niki, then there's Nicky, Nikki, etc...Never liked that. Would have preferred my middle name of Liana since that was more unique. Hated responding to my name only for it to be for someone else. :shrug:

I really like it and growing up I was one of 5 girls in a class who had the same name so fully understand wanting to have something different. It's definitely not going to common rebut doesn't sound totally unusual either

I don't mind it.

I don't really don't find it too unique or too "out there" because I think its suits current trends. It seems a lot of -ana- names are growing in popularity and variations of Lexie seem to be common enough. As well as people creating names.

Alexandra is very classic.

I think your combination has a nice flow to it.

At the end of the day do our children need items that have their names pre-printed on them. There are many businesses around today that offer personalized printing so I am sure your family could find items specially made for possible daughter.

I think your name creation is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->