• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We almost told everyone we're Team Pink. I would've been SO emabarased!

Spiffynoodles

4 kids 4 and under
Reaction score
So my DH and I went into my 20 week scan this morning Team Yellow and fully intending to stay that way. After the tech left the room, though, my DH turns to me and says, "Well, I know the gender. It was written right there on the screen!" So after deliberating for a while, I said, "Okay, go ahead and tell me, because I'd rather we find out together." So he said we were having a girl! I was excited and happy, even though I had been looking forward to the surprise at the end.

Then the doctor comes in and asks us if we had found out the gender, so I told her that DH had, unintentionally. DH explained what he had seen, and the doctor laughed and turned to me and said, "Oh no. That was your gender! This actually happens more often than you'd think. We ought to have a disclaimer before that screen comes up!"

So we're still Team Yellow after all. Thank goodness we mentioned it to the doctor or else we'd be telling everyone it was a girl! :dohh:

Attachments

• Baby #3 20 week scan.jpg
    Baby #3 20 week scan.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 39
Haha! That's a great story, how funny. Your little one is adorable, what a lovely pic! :)

Good thing you said something! Although you only would have been embarrassed if you ended up with a boy.

Very lovely scan photo though! It's so clear!

That's so funny Hun and great scan photo wish mine was like that! X

That's so funny! :haha:

Mind you-why do they feel the need to put 'female' on a pregnancy ultrasound anyway..all of those should be female I hope! :haha:

That's so funny! :haha:

Mind you-why do they feel the need to put 'female' on a pregnancy ultrasound anyway..all of those should be female I hope! :haha:

We thought the same thing! :haha: But the doctor explained that their unit also does chest x-rays, which are sometimes done on men, and so they just use the same form to record measurments.

oh my haha! that is too funny! just as well you brought it up with the Tech hehe! amazing scan photo too, all the best hun <3

That's too funny! Well congrats on staying team yellow

I'm a sonographer and this happens allllllllllll the time. One guy almost wanted to hit me coz he believed I had given the gender away and they didn't want to know! I had to type a fake male name into the machine to prove to him that it's the gender of the patient not the baby! Lol

I'm a sonographer and this happens allllllllllll the time. One guy almost wanted to hit me coz he believed I had given the gender away and they didn't want to know! I had to type a fake male name into the machine to prove to him that it's the gender of the patient not the baby! Lol

Okay, so we're not the only ones! At least we didn't blame the sonographer, we just felt silly for making the mistake. :blush: At least I know for next time if we choose to stay Team Yellow again. :flower:

Oh my god!

I wanted to stay team yellow too but I had my scan at 13+6 and people keep saying they can see a willy on one of my pictures! So now I'm sure the surprise is ruined!

Oh my god!

I wanted to stay team yellow too but I had my scan at 13+6 and people keep saying they can see a willy on one of my pictures! So now I'm sure the surprise is ruined!

Well, look at it this way, if it ends up being a girl, it'll be the biggest surprise of all! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->