We finally did it!

DuckyBlue

Reaction score
Well this is a section I thought I'd never ever be in!

My partner, D, and I had been trying for many, many years to start our family. We had many heartbreaks and had officially given up trying. We weren't using protection but also weren't officially trying. We figured it would never happen as it hadn't happened yet. Until last week! Surprisingly last week I got the first ever positive test. D and I thought we were seeing things and I retested the following morning. Definitely a second line! We're both still in shock to be honest. My GP, who has been with us with through this journey, had called about something completely unrelated and we told him our news. He was as shocked and happy as we were. This is going to be an interesting journey.

D and I have wanted to be parents for so long. We were about to start the adoption process!!

I wanted to ask, I know most people don't tell their family or friends until the 12 week scan, but we're very close to my family, and most of D's family. My parents have ridden this journey with us, with Mum being there every time we had a negative test. I want to tell her, and my Dad, but what if something goes wrong? It would break my Mum's heart. Mum and Dad were very supportive of us going through the adoption process and asked us yesterday how that was going. We need to tell them we've stopped the process for now (we may still adopt in the future) but I'm not sure about telling her why. I know Mum would keep quiet if we asked her too, even though she'd be so excited. D says maybe we should tell Mum because if something did go wrong we'd have someone else there to support us. But I'm not sure to be honest.

So when did you tell people? Especially your parents? I'd love to tell them for Christmas, but I won't be 12 weeks by then and so I'm not sure if this will be a good idea or not!

Also any tips or advice for these first few weeks would be most welcome - and I think D would love some tips on how he can support me, and as much as he won't admit this, he could use some advice as we go along from other dads too. This is the first time either of us have gone through this and so we're anxious, happy and overwhelmed right now!

This is amazing. I love hearing stories like this. I'm so happy for you.
Congratulations hon.

As for telling people it's really down to you and when u feel ready.
With my last 2 pregnancies I told my nanna as soon as I got faint lines.
I know they say wait untill after 12 weeks but there is no set rules.
She's like a mother to me so she was the first person to know.
I told close friends and other family members after my scan at 12+6 and my social media announcement I do at 24 weeks. But most people do there's at 12 weeks I just like to hold off on social media.
I have been blessed with 6 children. 2 teens from a previous relationship and 4 with my husband but I've also had 7 miscarriages so that's one of the reasons I don't mention it on social media untill I'm alor further. But that's just me.

I think telling ure parents at Christmas wud be lovely. And honestly just do what u want to do.

Congratulations again hon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"