we got a baby bashing site REMOVED! edited- not removed but will be trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-18559206

Are they talking about the same facebook group?
I never heard of this before but how evil of them!

I saw that page and it made me sick to my stomach. Really disturbing stuff. Excuse my language but there are some really sick fuckers out there! I reported it as well. I think that page may have been up before but got removed but then came back again. I think I read it in the papers x

That just breaks my heart. I didn't realise things like this existed.

The pages owners should walk in my shoes. It's not so fing funny then

I had no idea it existed too but they have a site also not just a fb group?

Oh Hun I've just seen this! I'm SOOOO glad it got shut down! Wishing that on Ryland or ANY baby (even any adult) is beyond sick. I hope he got a life ban from Facebook too! Would serve him right!

XxX

interestingly, although facebook say that it doesnt violate any of their rules, even the one where it says it doesn't tolerate hate speech (or similar wording i think)...on the front of the aforementioned page, it says -and i quote - "no boundaries on racism, religion, culture and overall anything offensive"

I think that borders on incitement to racial hatred at least, in one of those categories, which is an offence in itself.

intentional harrassment, alarm or distress is also an offence. However, this is just in the Uk, not sure how something like that would work with facebook. im really angry about it....its not 'just jokes', as many of the people on that site claim. It doesnt matter if a baby died at 6 weeks pregnant, or 6 months old, something like this should not be allowed to continue.

interestingly, although facebook say that it doesnt violate any of their rules, even the one where it says it doesn't tolerate hate speech (or similar wording i think)...on the front of the aforementioned page, it says -and i quote - "no boundaries on racism, religion, culture and overall anything offensive"

I think that borders on incitement to racial hatred at least, in one of those categories, which is an offence in itself.

I thought that too x

Facebook's main office is in California. Internet crimes are so hard to prosecute because the internet is, well, everywhere.

Sick fuckers!
What kind of fucked up person could hate babies or think such jokes are funny?
Should be castrated or worse in my opinion.

I wish they could deal with these people like they did with the guy making horrible remarks to Tom Daley on Twitter about his dad. They should hunt them down and arrest them. I know the site technically isn't bad in the laws eyes, but what they are doing and saying to people is AWFUL and something should be done.
I've not gone onto the page at all but have seen others commenting on it and getting attacked similar to how some of you have been. Disgusting.

I'm sorry I didn't realize the site was still up as i had recieved an email statibg otherwise
But i am going to try my damndest to get that particular site shut down. I have a few tricks up my sleeve, good thing doug knows a thing or two about this stuff.

Fight for what you believe in, no matter how small others might think it seems! :hugs:

Good luck getting it shut down!

I just finished reading the whole thread... I cannot BELIEVE it hasn't been deleted!!! Facebook are actual tards... If it was (excuse me here... No offence meant, just some examples!) "pakki jokes" or "Jew jokes" they would probably have been taken down STRAIGHT away, and for good reason, but surely dead baby jokes are far far worse than racist jokes? People all over the world lose babies unfortunately, so I would have thought it was MORE offensive since its such a universal tragedy :(

I think we should make a breast feeding photos group and everyone upload photos of them breast feeding. The more boobie showing the better! Then when they try to ban or delete it, kick off BIG time about it. Just wish I had taken photos while I still breasted, I would have posted loads up.

XxX

There are quite a few groups on Facebook with the goal of fighting the breastfeeding photos being removed. Still hasn't stopped the removal of photos.

Everyone here obviously will have differing opinions on whether to fight to shut it down, or to let it be, no matter how awful the content. I myself am one of the former, and i shall do something to do so - unfortunately there is no consistency, and a fine line on what can be considered as something to be removed, and as was said above - the internet is everywhere, which makes it very hard to lay down any sort of law with it.

It's an awful awful page but they slot into that grey area between hate crime and offensive jokes and that's why FB doesn't act. "Paki" and Jew joke pages would probably be shut down straight away because it may fit into racism/racial hate crimes. I think FB tries to keep out of it when it comes to this type of offensive joke because they have to consider what will happen next. What happens when fat people are offended and complain about fat people jokes or blonde people complain about blonde jokes? They'd have to shut down every jokes page the moment anyone complained and that would probably have huge effects on their business.

(Disclaimer:flower:: I fully agree that the page should be shut down and am not a supporter of this type of offensive joke. I think it's absolutely disgusting. Just wanted to look at it from FB's point of view.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back