we got a baby bashing site REMOVED! edited- not removed but will be trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an awful awful page but they slot into that grey area between hate crime and offensive jokes and that's why FB doesn't act. "Paki" and Jew joke pages would probably be shut down straight away because it may fit into racism/racial hate crimes. I think FB tries to keep out of it when it comes to this type of offensive joke because they have to consider what will happen next. What happens when fat people are offended and complain about fat people jokes or blonde people complain about blonde jokes? They'd have to shut down every jokes page the moment anyone complained and that would probably have huge effects on their business.

(Disclaimer:flower:: I fully agree that the page should be shut down and am not a supporter of this type of offensive joke. I think it's absolutely disgusting. Just wanted to look at it from FB's point of view.)

How can you even compare a 'dead baby' joke to a blonde joke though? Completely different- the blonde is there to defend herself for a start!

Please dont look at that page, not because theres jokes because theres actual dead babies on it. I wish I never looked now.

Maybe there should be a warning on the title, since the website is available to be clicked on and seen. Some members (including myself) do not want to see that. I understand that no one does on here, since you're trying to get it shut down - but just as DragonFly has done, some people will click on it and become upset over it.

Please dont look at that page, not because theres jokes because theres actual dead babies on it. I wish I never looked now.

I didn't click it, I knew if I did it would make me upset. How can people laugh at such horrible things.

I made that mistake. Thought it was all talk until a certain person (page) posted pictures.

Just a wee reminder that for some of us, all we have are photos. Please be careful how you word things.

It's an awful awful page but they slot into that grey area between hate crime and offensive jokes and that's why FB doesn't act. "Paki" and Jew joke pages would probably be shut down straight away because it may fit into racism/racial hate crimes. I think FB tries to keep out of it when it comes to this type of offensive joke because they have to consider what will happen next. What happens when fat people are offended and complain about fat people jokes or blonde people complain about blonde jokes? They'd have to shut down every jokes page the moment anyone complained and that would probably have huge effects on their business.

(Disclaimer:flower:: I fully agree that the page should be shut down and am not a supporter of this type of offensive joke. I think it's absolutely disgusting. Just wanted to look at it from FB's point of view.)

How can you even compare a 'dead baby' joke to a blonde joke though? Completely different- the blonde is there to defend herself for a start!

I wasn't comparing the two type of jokes, I'm sorry if you thought I was and I'm sorry if it offended you. I was trying to say that everyone is offended by something and was giving examples of jokes that also don't break the law. I don't think I worded it well at all sorry :( The point is how do FB decide where to draw the line? Instead of putting the pressure/responsibility on themselves to decide, they just focus on deleting the ones that actually break the law.

I wasn't comparing the two type of jokes, I'm sorry if you thought I was and I'm sorry if it offended you. I was trying to say that everyone is offended by something and was giving examples of jokes that also don't break the law. I don't think I worded it well at all sorry :( The point is how do FB decide where to draw the line? Instead of putting the pressure/responsibility on themselves to decide, they just focus on deleting the ones that actually break the law.

They should be removed - they're being hateful towards dead babies IMO that should go under the same 'law' as being hateful to different races etc although it's far far worse as the babies aren't there to defend themselves.

There's now a new page calling for this baby joke page to be removed - please click like on the group. Surely with huge numbers Facebook might just take notice. Worth a try anyway.

(Don't worry there are no pictures on this site at all xxx)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Dead-Baby-Jokes-Banned/480895398588983

Dead babies. Hilarious. NOT!

Some people are fucking disgusting! I can't stand people who makes jokes about babies regardless of gestation or age it's inhumane and vile.

X

Just a wee reminder that for some of us, all we have are photos. Please be careful how you word things.

Thanks for this, those comments really stung! x

I've seen the photos unfortunately & they aren't photos of LO's that have passed away but they are of a more disturbing matter which no one in their right mind wants to see.

I think this is what the previous comments were relating to.

Thanks for this, those comments really stung! x

I really hope my comment about having a warning isn't what either of you are talking about. If so, I did not mean to offend ANYONE with an angel baby. I meant that no one wants to see awful things said about an angel baby.

:hugs:

Comments and lame jokes dont bother me, actual imagery of torture, death, especially on that page half way down which is why I assume people are posting pics of kittens and flowers to drown it all out and move it down. I expected bad jokes not that, far worse than I imagined. I hate gore stuff. People like that attract badness to them, like shit magnets. Yes like karma.

I reported that page a couple of days ago, I didn't think reporting it would make much difference but couldn't just leave it. I'm shocked that it has 30,000+ members tbh, that's more likes than the professional football team I support has for their official page, makes me sick.

Like other ladies I'm shocked that this page has been allowed tbh, I just can't for the life of me figure out why Facebook thinks this sort of thing is ok. It's awful, the lowest of the low.

So sick. I haven't seen the photos but I am so sad for the little lives that were lost and now are being used as jokes? Thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach. I think I should unsubscribe from this thread as its making me a bit upset :(

These people are fucked in the head and deserve the worst!

I hate those dead baby jokes so much. I don't see why anyone would find them funny!

This is all ovet my facebook too its quite wide spread i think. Someone said fb havent taken it doen brcause it is a joke pagr or something and it diesnt violate there policies. Friken disgusting im sure it will.be gone soon as evety single mothet on.mt fb is talking about it.

It's basically like Facebook turning around and saying "calm down its just a few jokes" I'm sorry but there are some things which aren't funny in the slightest and shouldn't be joked about, this is one of them. I doubt anyone from Facebook has actually taken the time to look at the disgusting offensive things that have been posted on that page, they probably just looked at the title, checked their terms and thought nothing of it, even if the name of the page doesn't breach their terms surely the content of it does? And surely someone at their hq or whatever would have something to say about it?

I've wanted so much to flip out on this page but, they do take photos where they can, they've hacked peoples facebooks etc.
I couldn't bear them using or saying anything about my LO so i've left it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe