We have a problem

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Cat, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

On the way driving into the city yesterday, Noah decided to learn how to undo his seatbelt.
    He alwasy love pressing buttons, and we were driving along when OHpointed out his belt was undone and I'obviously haddent done it up properly' Noah was trying to lunge out of his seat, so Iquickly did it all up again, and a couple of mins later he was pressing at the button again!!! OH admitted that he must have worked it out.

Iasked in othercare if you can get any child proof catch or anything for them, but you cant as its a health and safty violation or sumit, in case of an accident and the child needs to be got out in a hurry. So god knows what we are going to do. Luckily that time there were two of us in the car. I just have visions now if having him out on my own, him escaping his chair while IM driving down the motorway and him grabbing the handbreak!! :shock: :shock:

2. loop

loop Well-Known Member

im sure i have seen something out there hun that just fits overto stop kids pressing it

3. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

My god, it's scary isn't it? Emily used to do that

She once just appeared between the front seats when driving down the motorway :shock:

What i di with hers was wrap one of her scarfs around the buckle bit so she couldn't get to it but we could, by sliding out fingers underneath to unclip it

You would think really that that would be a test they would do :roll:

anyway just an idea for you to try hun :)

4. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

Yikes thats scary, jamie always trys to press the button i just assumed that he wouldnt be able to undo it !! :shock:

5. Kina

Kina Well-Known Member

I always assumed they were child proof :oops: That is really scary!

6. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Yeh me too! I didn't think they would be able to get out of them - that's shocking!!

7. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

an idea may not work but could help u no u can get seat belt covers that stop the seat belt rubbing ur neck how about getting one of them and sliding down to where the buckley is so it covers it so he cant see it but if u where even in an accident u could pull it up as it slides up and down the seat belt hope this helps

8. Sarah_N_Braydon

Sarah_N_Braydon Well-Known Member

the scarf idea is good
    u would have thought thye were child proofed lol

9. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Yeah I think I will try to wrap some sort of fabric round the buckle, just to stop him poking at it with his finger.

Cheers Girls

10. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Hope it works hun.....