we want one, BUT....

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
we dont think we can afford 2 sets of childcare. that will be a £1000 a month. what are we gonna do. we both work and both need to, even with child care we would be better off working but cant justify that much a month.

any ideas? we were not gonna try until the end of the year, but thinking logically can we afford it? i dont want Hermione to want for anything so i dont know. boooooooo feeling sorry for myslef

Yes children are expensive, we have six! I think it all boils down to, how much do you want those 4100 pair of shoes or the $15 pair~! If one can budget and not go outside their means, then its possible! Our children do not go without anything, they get a good education, just not a private one, they get great clothing, just not all the expensive brand names lol. It truly is all about budgeting!

Do you have any close friends or family that could look after the children for half of what you spend on daycare?

Could you work from home? Find a way to do something you enjoy and do it form home? There are many things you could do from home and bring in a reasonable income.

I guess its all about how much you want another one and how much your prepared to find a way to make it happen and what your willing to sacrifice!

I wish you the best of luck!!

Would you be able to maybe think about getting an au pair?Just a crazy idea but if you have the space in your house it might work out cheaper.
Or like Butterfly7 said is there anyone else that can help you out with childcare-friends or family?x

Im sure friends or family could help you out? Even if they are helping to pay if you really struggle or them to look after themselves. Even if your partner has somebody in their family who could take care of baby? I wouldnt want to depend on somebody everyday when I go back to work but these things work out in the end, it might be a struggle but I do think everybody gets somethin sorted. xx

Thanks very much for all the advice.

His sister is looking after Hermione, she trained to be a child minder when we said we were pregnant. it would be alot more expensive if she wasnt doing it cheaper.

As for giving up work its not possible, we need both our money's for the house and i earn more so i cant give up work.

we really do want one, so will have to find a way. it will be about giving up some things, but gaining other things, like a new beautiful baby

is that nursey costs - could you have a childminder ?

Im not sure if you already do but you can get woking tax credits, plus im sure there may be other benefits you may be able to receive

xx

Thanks that is a childminder, his sister is looking after her for us at a discounted rate.

We are not entitled to any tax credits or any benififts, my work dont even give me the tax free money for childcare as its a benifits and they dont give them. we cannot have any money from the goverment, we are over thier threshold!!!! booo

we are gonna have to give some things up like the gym and stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->